Glock Tupperware Question

Joe_Pike

When did Glock discontinue the tupperware cases that had the area for cartridge storage? I'm still shocked at how much these cases sell for.

<<Response to a question not asked follows. :( >>

They discontinued the "Tupperware boxes" in the very late 1990s or early 2000s.

Supposedly the change was the result of someone unintentionally discharging a Glock by putting it back into the Tupperware box with a chambered round. The old boxes had a post that fit into the triggerguard.

Last edited:
I know they continued the tupperware cases until the early 2000s but I thought they discontinued the ones with the cartridge storage a lot earlier than that.

I believe that these only came with the 1st generation glock 17's so up to 1988 since the 2nd generation was introduced at that time. And I also think that the ones with the cartridge storage were at the very beginning and then some of the later 1st generations came with the tupperware that didn't have the storage.
I've owned a couple of the first generation glocks, but sold them, and my brother still has his that he purchase way back in 1984 when they first came out and he doesn't have one with cartridge storage.

I know they continued the tupperware cases until the early 2000s but I thought they discontinued the ones with the cartridge storage a lot earlier than that.
Yup, you are correct. I didn't read your question carefully before responding.

I've never seen one with the cartridge storage in person.

Back