Glock Troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheapo

Okay, no "perfection" speeches, okay?

Took a Glock I'm thinking of buying for a test drive today, and the thing kept locking the slide back on the first shot, the third shot, etc. Checked the mags and the rounds as they came up and they're NOT activiating the slide stop. My thumbs aren't either.

It appears that the little spring on the slide stop that's supposed to keep the thing down in recoil is unsprung. What little tiny bit of rubbing there is from the trigger, will actually move the slide stop upward. In essence, the slide stop just floats there.

What micro-ounce downward pressure is supposed to be on the slide stop, from the slide stop spring? Looks like an easy fix.

Thanks!

Any gun can malf. Everybody makes a lemon once in awhile.

Find the problem, fix it. Send it to Glock.

If I stayed away from ALL the guns I've seen problems with, I would be throwing stones. :)

Glock, SIG, Beretta, HK, etc have been around a while and put through the wringer. They all work. Sometimes some don't.

------------------
>>>>---->

Thanks for the link to Glockmeister. It did the trick.

Not sure how it happened or was caused, but as soon as I pulled the locking block pin (small one on top), the slidelock spring was back to being snappy.

I still tweaked it a bit to make for more firm downward action. Double checked to make sure the mag would still cause FULL engagement.

Haven't re-shot it, but fully expect the problem to be solved.

Thanks, all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back