Glock trigger/link replacement options

Double K

A friend just bought a new 19x that has a terrible trigger, I put a new trigger link in my standard Gen 4 19 three years ago but don't remember who made it, the shop that sold it to me has went out of business. It required fitting but it wasn't difficult, if I remember right it was around 60. The ones I'm seeing now are almost 3 times that at around 150. and include the trigger itself.
Wondering what the best trigger option would be for my friend with a new 19x?

I would do a polish job before I dopped a new trigger. a little metal polish (auto store) back where the trigger bar rides against the connector. cycle it a few times for a lap or scrub it with a q-tip. Look on youtube for the glock 25 cent trigger job. a little polishing goes a long way.

Glock triggers are glock trigger though. My first glock was issued to me with a + connector.... 8lb. Once we switched to the 5.5lb connector it felt amazing. Its not a match trigger and was not mean to be. works just fine as a duty trigger though.

Yes do the polishing. Polish the trigger bar real good. Get a Ghost 3.5 drop in connector.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I recently bought a Glock 48. I like the heck out of it except the stock trigger was the worst Glock trigger I have ever felt. I tried the polish routine, but it was still too heavy for my tastes. I dropped in a ghost connector (34.95) and it made a world of difference.

A friend just bought a new 19x that has a terrible trigger, I put a new trigger link in my standard Gen 4 19 three years ago but don't remember who made it, the shop that sold it to me has went out of business. It required fitting but it wasn't difficult, if I remember right it was around 60. The ones I'm seeing now are almost 3 times that at around 150. and include the trigger itself.

Go with OEM stock. Polish where it rubs, either manually with fine emory cloth, or with manymanymany dry fire cycles. (With the glock, you prob. want a snap cap in place.)

Some comments to ponder:
I wouldn't know if the OP's friend's G19X trigger is worse than it should be or if it's normal. Perhaps the friend just doesn't like a stock Glock Gen5's trigger feel. The OP just said the trigger is "terrible" which is something none of us here with Glock experience can feel via the internet.

If the subject, specific G19X is somehow abnormal, sending it back to Glock may be appropriate and/or some parts swapping may be in order. Having a 2nd Gen5 Glock on hand from which to swap parts would help isolate a potentially bad part causing this "terrible" feel.

I've heard some good things about a new trigger kit from Timney, which the OP's friend may want to try. Perhaps the OP and friend could do some research and determine if this new Timney kit is for them. See:
https://timneytriggers.com/alpha-competition-series-for-glock-gen5/

I don't know what the OP is referring to when he says "trigger link" but it may be irrelevant as the G19X, which uses Gen5 trigger parts, is different from a Gen4 Glock; perhaps the OP is referrig to what Glock calls a Trigger with Trigger Bar, but could also be referring to a Connector. It's also referring to specifically buying a different part or parts when it's unknown if the stock parts are even problematic. It's just blindly buying aftermarket parts without knowing if there's a problem with the gun or just the shooter's expectation or desire.

I've done the polishing route with Glocks before on Gen 3s and Gen 4s. I've had about a half dozen Gen 5s and they all had what I consider to be pretty smooth triggers.

I'd echo what L-2 said. It's hard via internet to understand what is meant when someone says a pistol has a terrible trigger. Is it terrible for that type of pistol, is it terrible for just that particular pistol, is it because triggers are subjectively different to that person than myself, etc., I'm never sure. I think access to a comparison pistol of the same generation would help us give input as to whether something is mechanically wrong.

Bingo, I remember now it was a Ghost connector I put in my gun, I'll pass that information along to him.
I worked with him everyday for 10 years, went hunting etc. etc. then he moved to Oregon, I still talk with him on the phone a couple of times a week, he says the trigger is terrible I guess it's terrible whatever that means.
My friends and I are all mostly rifle competition shooters used to 2lb triggers, of course Glock triggers are horrible!
I've only ever had two glocks a 23 and now a 19, I worked on both triggers and made them better, we'll see how my friend does with his.

I tried polishing the innards of my 19 G5, Ghost connector. Trip to the Glock armorer. Best fix was a Shield EZ, problem solved.

I've put Ghost links in all my Glocks, was a good cheap upgrade over stock trigger feel. They're still not the best trigger in the world but it's a worth while swap IMHO

Back