Glock Trigger interchangeabilty...

RCH

I own a Glock 19 and 20. Love the smooth flat trigger of the 20, don't like the "step-down" surface of the 19. After 100 plus rounds, a sore spot appears on my trigger finger. I know that Glock may have designed the 17/19s trigger that way to prevent accidental discharges. Can the 19's trigger be interchanged with another model's smooth flat trigger?

Also, is anyone making aftermarket triggers?

The smooth trigger from the G17 (also 17L/22/24/31/34/35) can be used in the G19 (also 23/25/26/27/28/32/33). The grooved trigger on the smaller pistols is a simple ploy for BATF import points...by the addition of grooves, it becomes a 'target' trigger, suitable for 'sporting purposes'.

As for replacement triggers, Glockmeister www.glockmeister.com is offering a factory trigger that has been polished. A trigger stop is optional. Lightning Strike www.lspi.com is about to release an aluminum faced trigger. It can be seen on their web page, but it has no other details.

If you want to experiment, try sticking with the Factory triggers from one of the full-size Glocks.

It sounds like it will solve your problems and make your Glock 19 more comfortable to shoot without voiding the warranty.

Back