Glock to stop sales to civilians

John/az2

I hope this is dead wrong...

A friend of mine has some very close connections at Glock and the "off the record" comment to him was to get the glocks he wants within the next two weeks.

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!

[This message has been edited by John/az2 (edited November 07, 1999).]

What, AGAIN?

This crap gets blown around every couple of months. Until Gaston himself says it's so, I ain't buying it.

------------------
"The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called in question.." Article 11, Section 13, CO state constitution.

Sounds like someone is trying to sell some pistols! Perhaps a store owner stocked up for Y2K and sales haven't been up to expectations.

These myths keep popping up on all of the bulletin boards, wish there was a filter to stop them before they take up bandwidth.

While we are at it, how about the Hitler quote and the Sarah Brady quote.

Geoff Ross

------------------
Damn!...I need more practice!
Pi$$ off the left, register to vote.

If I had ever wanted a Glock I would have had more than a few on site!! It will be a pisser if this plays out!
Hank

I've not seen this pop up every few months. Terminating sales to civilians was a new topic for me about 4 months ago when rumors of Colt's PC move were running around.

My dealer has told me about the rumblings at Glock for about 3 months now, and it was only recently that the employee he spoke to confirmed what he had been hearing.

BTW, this dealer has ONE (1) Glock in his display case and NONE (0) in his back room, and he has not been able to find any others available for him to stock up on.

But, like I said in my original post, I hope it's dead wrong.

------------------
John/az

"The middle of the road between the extremes of good and evil, is evil. When freedom is at stake, your silence is not golden, it's yellow..." RKBA!

[This message has been edited by John/az2 (edited November 08, 1999).]

I had difficulty in finding a Glock 35, but I believe that to be due to overall demand for Glocks. My understanding is that Glock has a very large number of back-orders.

Also, with Y2K, the demand for weapons and ammo has gone up.

------------------
Maintain eternal vigilance. It is the people who are prisoners of their own ignorance about firearms that pose the greatest threat to our 2nd Amendment Rights.

Back