(Glock) Smile for the camera -

Grey_Lion

I got 3 gallons of .40 S&W range brass in a 3 way trade - appx 3500 rounds or so - and in the midst of my processing - came across a few great examples of the glock smile - For those of you who haven't seen this before - the glock Generation 3 and before .40 S&W had a case support problem which caused a particular case bulge. See the attachments. These go to my collection of brass failure examples.

Attachments

• 20200729_a.jpg
    20200729_a.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 162
  • 20200729_b.jpg
    20200729_b.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 20200729_c.jpg
    20200729_c.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 105
[No dog in this fight.] I have always heard that Glock had a policy that said, "NO RELOADS", plus "No Lead Bullets" period ! ! !

Last edited:
I've seen worse.

I would never reload that stuff, bulge buster is a fallacy.

Attachments

• glock-brass.jpg
    glock-brass.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 58
Don't Glocks leave a distinctive rectangular mark on the primer?
In the 2nd pic, doesn't look like they were fired in a Glock.

I have Gen3 9mm, 40, 45 and they do not do that. Concur fixed by Gen3. Also, I saw on Starline's site for 9mm:
**NOT RECOMMENDED FOR USE IN S&W SHIELD PISTOLS WITH NEAR-MAX OR +P LOADS, DUE TO POORLY SUPPORTED CHAMBER CONDITION**
That warning does not appear on Starline's 40 SW page.
So, it was a EARLY pre-Gen3, Glock issue, recurring in other brand pistols. Either way the brass is not safe to load again.

Having put literally thousands of reloads, both jacketed and lead, through my glock model 35, I'd say the recommendation by Glock to avoid lead specifically and reloads in general came out of their legal department and not out of engineering.

Just keep the glock smile issue in mind should you find a "great deal" on a surplus glock.

Back