Glock slide assembly lubrication

Just4Fun

I clean my glock slide with break cleaner / gun scrubber after using the hoppes solvent on all reachable areas.

Is there anything in the internals of the slide assembly that need to be lubricated where the fireing pin is located?

The spray really gets into the unreachable areas and I am sure that it is very dry in that area.

To lube or not to lube...

No cleaner or lubricant in the firingpin channel, clean and bone dry. Breech face clean and dry. Should be some lub in the channels for the slide guides, just a drop.

IHMO, the break cleaner is overkill.

you don't need to do all that cleaning every time you clean your glock. i clean my glocks' slides by taking a toothbrush sprayed with Breakfree CLP and scrubbing it down, i use a dry toothbrush to clean off the breechface. then i just wipe all the CLP off and put 1 drop of lubrication on each rail and let it run down it covering the whole rail in a light coat of oil. do not get any lubricant inside the firing pin channel or on the breechface. about every 1000 rounds thru each of my glocks i fully dissasemble the slides (easy to do just follow instructions on glockmeister's page) and spray gunscrubber inside the firing pin channel to completely clear it out.

Back