Glock safe action system

woodyjr

Inactive
I went to the glock site and read about their safe action system. sounds like a modified double action really. I dont like a DAO because of the trigger pull on a semi-auto. whats the glock trigger pull feel like on average?

Glock owners out there, please share your experience.

woodyjr,

You can't really compare the Glock trigger pull to either a single or double action, but if you had to, it is closer to a double-action, just not as long. It is constant from shot to shot which is good. Many people seem to like their Glocks to be around 5 pounds, mine is about 5 1/2 and it feels good. I would suggest that you find one to try for yourself, that is the best way to find out if you like it or not.

Frosty
MOLON LABE

I like to compare my Glock (a 19 and a 21) triggers to a long single action, because I had the 3.5 pound disconnects installed in both of them.

I bought Glocks for that very reason: same trigger pull on each round.

When I try to describe the trigger on my Glock, the best I've been able to do is a revolver w/ a shorter lighter trigger pull. But really, there are so many ranges out there that rent Glocks w/ standard, light and heavy triggers. You should go rent a few...give it about 500 rounds to decide if you like it or not. The first few will require some getting use to!

Think "two stage". You ignore that first lightly-sprung half, pressing through it to the "lump" as soon as your finger goes to the trigger. Then, press through the second half when you decide it's time.

Frankly, I think that the Glock trigger is so unique that it can't be compared to any other trigger. You need to try it to understand it.

I really like the trigger on the Glock, I have five of them, I kept the 5 1/2 pound pull on them all. While it does take time to get used to it, it is not at all unpleasent.

You can feel the spring in it. Dry fire a Glock if you can't tell when you fire. You hear and feel the "SPRONG". I can't get over it.

Some people seem to be fine with it though.

Back