Glock Question

HKUSP45C

Do glocks have an "out of battery" saftey? Can they still fire even if the slide is just slighty not fully foward?

From my own experience, I believe so, but would like to know for certain.

Some .45 loads I put together were a tad too long, and the bullets engagued the rifling causing my G-30 to not fully go into battery. There was a click as I pulled the trigger but the firing pin did not strike the primer (or, didn't strike it with enough force to ignite [or I got lucky :)])

Either way, I don't want to push my luck too hard, it's a lesson learned and another gotcha I look out for.

Jerry.

Almost every semi-auto will fire slightly out of battery. I've taken a half-dozen from my safe in the past and tried to see how far they'd drop the hammer (or striker) out of battery. The worst offenders of the bunch was the 1911, but the Glocks were almost the same. None could "fire" more than about 1/16" out of battery, at least mine.

every time this out of battery thing comes up, I go and try it on my 5 Glocks. Even my G21, which has about 50K rounds thru, doesn't even come close. They are fully locked before the striker strikes..

Back