Glock Parts Swapping

Cheapo

Is there a difference in ejector position between the 9mm Glocks and the .40 Glocks?

And---

Is there enough "grab" in the extractor of a .40 Glock breechface to allow one to have functional reliability shooting 9mm in a 9mm barrel mounted in a .40 Glock pistol?

Yes, I know ya gotta have the right magazines.

Thanks!

I haven't tried this myself, but from people whom I trust, the 9mm conversion barrels DO work in .40 Glocks without any other changes (except the mags).

FWIW

(Robot waves arms up and down)
Warning! Warning! Danger, Will Robinson!

The extractor is not the same in the .40 Glocks compared to the 9mm Glocks.

Also, the ejector is different.

Look at http://www.glockmeister.com and compare the part numbers for Glock 17 and 19s compared to 22 and 23 models. They are different. Enough to make a difference? Maybe, maybe not.

I myself wouldn't do just a barrel and mag swap to shoot the other caliber. I'd look at it as another reason to buy another Glock. :D

Edmund

Yes, there is a difference in ejector position. Yes, there will be enough 'grab' for the extractor to hold the case. But, it depends on what you require when you cite "functional reliability".

If you mean Non-defensive shooting, a 9mm conversion barrell will work in a Glock .40 with the stock .40 extractor and ejector. But if I wanted to carry a 9mm I would get a nine. I use a Olympic in my G23 occasionally for fun. I also change out the extractor and ejector when I use it, but it will work without them. It is not a pure conversion. The parts above ARE physically different in the two calibers. Also, I believe the breach face (? not sure of the term) size is different on the 9mm and .40; the .40 being larger of course.

Yeah, the breechface is larger, but it appears that it's not very much larger. Nothing like the .45 ACP/9mm Para problem. I *guess* that the Springfield Omega's twin extractor system eliminated that problem on caliber conversions.

Or did it? I've heard very little about how they worked out.

Back