Glock P80 Gen 1 9mm Exclusive

Prof Young

So I'm looking at the gun noted above, new for $559. Reviews on line seem okay and I've never owned a Glock.

Would love to hear from some who have shot one.

Life is good.
Prof Young

I don't know about the new repro, but I did own for quite a while the original glock 17 1 generation and it was one of my favorite glocks. I liked the lack of finger grooves and smooth stippling. I liked that it was the original glock. Mine was from 1987. Had all the black internal parts. Sold it to a collector.

Prof Young, just curious as a former resident of Illinois for 40 years, what is your definition of downstate? Again, just curious since I grew up west of Peoria.

Its a collectors item IMHO. Its back to the very first original version. If your looking for a collections item, go for it. If your looking for a defensive weapon or something to take to the range regularly I would look for a gen 4 or 5 personally.

Strictly MHO, but I can’t wrap my brain around the idea of a Glock as a collectors item. I like the lack of finger grooves on this reissue gun, but the smooth grip surface doesn’t work a little bit for me, I would need more aggressive stippling on the grip to make it a shooter.

I have read that the trigger on this reissue gun is a Gen3 trigger, so I could live with it until I could get an APEX Action Enhancement Package trigger installed. And I would need a Grip Force Adapter and Wilson Combat Vickers Elite sights to make it a shooter. Since I already have my Gen3 17 set up this way, so I’m out on this reissue gun.

Strictly MHO, but I can’t wrap my brain around the idea of a Glock as a collectors item. I like the lack of finger grooves on this reissue gun, but the smooth grip surface doesn’t work a little bit for me, I would need more aggressive stippling on the grip to make it a shooter.

I have read that the trigger on this reissue gun is a Gen3 trigger, so I could live with it until I could get an APEX Action Enhancement Package trigger installed. And I would need a Grip Force Adapter and Wilson Combat Vickers Elite sights to make it a shooter. Since I already have my Gen3 17 set up this way, so I’m out on this reissue gun.
the P80 was the very first Glock. They re-created it specifically as a collectors item. Personally I agree, not a great idea.

Gen 5, no finger grooves, agressive stippiling.....

Yeah upgrading it makes little to no sense. get a gen 3, 4, or 5.

I’m sure the P80 G17 would be suitable for whatever use one might put a service 9mm to, and would do it well...just like the original G17. Definitely not just a collectible.

Prof Young, just curious as a former resident of Illinois for 40 years, what is your definition of downstate? Again, just curious since I grew up west of Peoria.

"Downstate" seems to be, anything outside Cook County and the ring of Chicago's adjacent vassal cities and towns. I, at an hour and a half straight west, am "downstate".

Thanks for all the feedback!

I went ahead and bought the gun. Pick up early next week. Will let you all know how it goes and what I think.

Life is good.
Prof Young

P.S. Down state Illinois is anywhere south of Chicago in my book.

Thank goodness Glock at least put a gen 3 trigger on it.

My folks are from Herrin. I never thought of it in terms of being "downstate." Personally I don't know which sucks worse, the Chicago area or the rest of Illinois. ;)

Thank goodness Glock at least put a gen 3 trigger on it.

My folks are from Herrin. I never thought of it in terms of being "downstate." Personally I don't know which sucks worse, the Chicago area or the rest of Illinois. ;)

Chicago.

When I ran one kid down to Carbondale, I found Southern IL is a totally different place.

Somebody on Illinoiscarry found this. You might get a kick out of it: 10 Places in ILLINOIS You Should NEVER Move To

Thank you, Lee. It was amusing but somewhat depressing. Probably because I do have found memories of southern Illinois. Regarding their gun laws, they seem to be trying hard to catch up with California.

Back