Glock in the Box!

Prof Young

Bought the 9mm "Reproduction" Glock P 80 late Friday afternoon. Didn't clear the NICS until about noon today (Wednesday). Not horrible but still a delay.

Gun came in two boxes. The old style "Tupperware box" inside a snazzy new collector's box with magnetic closure. (See pics below.)

Gun came with a certificate of authenticity, which has nothing on the certificate to connect it to this particular gun. Hmmmmmmm . . .

Lock, cleaning brush, cleaning rod, two 17 round magazines, magazine loader, and instructions.

Put about 125 rounds down range. 50 Winchester off the shelf, the other 75 split between 115 gn coated bullets on top of 4.2 gn titegroup and 147 gn plated bullets on top of 3.0 gn of titegroup. The Winchester ran well, the 115 gn ran well, but the 147 were a touch underpowered. No squibs but a couple of jams. I had a hard time finding a specific formula for the 147 plated bullets and wondered if 3.0 of titegroup might be a touch lite. Both handloads were 1/2 crimp. (Meaning I turned the crimp die in 1/2 more after it touched the brass.)

Gun kind of wanted to jump out of my hands. It may be just a touch big for my hands. I may consider some kind of wrap-on grip. w

Trigger creeps about 1/4 inch before resistance. Then it's maybe an 1/8 of an inch to fire. Reset seems to be very short too, maybe an 1/8.

Groups were okay at 7 yards. I think this gun will shoot as well or better than I do.

All in all I'm pleased. This is the first Glock I've owned. Mostly this will be a gun for the range, but may get carried when weather is such that I can carry in a vest.

My trend has been to own fewer guns but of a higher quality.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Attachments

• glock two.jpg
    glock two.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 212
  • glock one.jpg
    glock one.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 208
I liked the old "tupperware" boxes. As long as you don't put a loaded pistol in one they are great. Very compact while still holding a pistol and up to 3 mags.

There are things you can do if the grip is too slick. Talon Grips has some options--their "rubberized" type decals work really well.

One last follow up.

I bought and applied one of those wrap on grips, and it helped a great deal. I can hang on to the gun much better now.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Back