Glock Grip Reduction - Any Experience?

• Thread starter Thread starter faiello5
  • Start date Start date
F

faiello5

Hi all. I am thinking about getting a grip reduction for my Glock 30. Anyone here done the same with their Glock, in particular, their G30? How did you like it? Did the gun point better and was it significantly easier to grip? Who did the work and would you do it again. Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Frank

Had Arizona Response Systems do a Glock M20 for me. Excellent results, good price, quick turn-around.

Worth it.

It depends on why you want a grip conversion. If the grip is too wide for your hand, there may not be much you can do.

I did a grip conversion on a G19 with an exacto knife and some putty. While it didn't look perfect, it had the same effect as the commercial reduction. Frankly, I was a diasppointed at how little effect it had on the grip size. I later realized that the big problem was the width of the grip --the double stack was too wide for my hand and the conversion won't do much about the width. I didn't see much difference in pointability but it was easier to grip. Ended up selling the gun because it just didn't fit my hand.

ARS did a reduction on my 17 and 26. Good results and turnaround, although not of much use (for me) on the 26. I've handled a Dane Burns 19 redution. You will notice a difference and if you really want a reduction, do it and I suspect you will be glad you did.

My 30 points well but I may reduce it facilitate a faster combat grip when drawing.

ljlc

I had ARS do a G-35, G-23, and a G-27. It changes the grip angle so the pistol points substantially lower, more like a 1911 with a flat mainspring housing.

I had a Robar grip reduction performed on a G17 recently and am very happy with it. The worksmanship and cosmetics are very good and the pistol now points much more like a 1911 which is what I usually shoot. Having the "hump" off the bottom also makes the pistol "feel better" but that may be my 1911 bias kicking in. Trigger reach was not reduced appreciably, but it seems a bit shorter and for me every little bit helps. Also the retexturing is nice and provides plenty of grip without abusing the hand. I give Robar's work a thumbs up.

I have a G30, but have not reduced the grip. I have reduced the grip on G19, 23 & 32's. Robar does a nice job, and there is a local gunsmith in town that does a cheaper and close to as nice job. Even though it doesn't reduce the width, the reduction in front to back length and the bobbing of the little hump at the bottom rear does seem to make the guns feel better to most people that have handled them. It is of course a personal thing.

Back