Glock grip dip!

Does anyone else have to place their thumb inside dip in the frame of their beaver tail-less Glock if they don't want slide bite?

Asking for a Gen 3.

Click here

I have large hands and found that unless I have a beaver tail on my pistol, it's safer if I don't do the right thumb on top of the left thumb grip that I'm so used to.

I don't like placing right thumb in that dip. I want to keep the thumb higher to keep the thumb web level. I don't have issue with slide biting into the web.

However this turns out problematic on a Glock. My thumb habitually pushes down on the slide stop release, making the slide not stopping open after the last round. Now I have to learn to stick my thumb up and away from the frame. A bit weird but still better than the dip.

-TL

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I have Grip Force Adspters on my Gen3 17 & 19, which works for me to avoid the slide bite, and (IMHO) it improves the way that these guns point to the target. And it’s not a permanent mod; if it doesnt work for you, it can easily be removed & returned.

Now I have to learn to stick my thumb up and away from the frame. A bit weird but still better than the dip.

That turns me into Slicey McSlicey hands! lol, coming from HK and SIG Sauer. That super high and on the bore grip with this guns is dicey.

I have Grip Force Adspters on my Gen3 17 & 19, which works for me to avoid the slide bite, and (IMHO) it improves the way that these guns point to the target. And it’s not a permanent mod; if it doesnt work for you, it can easily be removed & returned.

Those do help. I have so many of those things laying around. But they're just not for me. The Gen 4 and Gen 5 beaver tail back straps are perfect. I don't know why I cannot keep a GFA on for long enough.

I shoot thumbs forward.....so no. And I don’t have any issues with slide bite.
I dont either.

My hands are about average, Im assuming, L/XL gloves. You must have some meaty paws if youre getting bit. My hand is jammed up hard and tight against the rear of the gun, and the web of my hand is just starting to roll up over the quasi beavertail. I still have plenty of clearance though.

Shooting thumbs forward and coming from SIG's had already got my strong hand thumb up and out on my weak hand thumb while shooting. No problems with the slide stop either.

If I have to wear gloves to shoot a pistol, I won't be depending on that pistol for anything serious. My c96 broomhandle is the only pistol that I will wear glove to fire. It could really bite, and it is just a toy.

-TL

The gloves are just hand size indicators. I dont believe anyone is saying they wear the gloves to shoot with.

The gloves are just hand size indicators. I dont believe anyone is saying they wear the gloves to shoot with.
Oh, I see. I was wondering why all a sudden shooting gloves became so fashionable. Silly me! :) Thanks for pointing out.

-TL

For myself the dip seems an okay spot to put my thumb when shooting one handed.

Keep in mind that the modern thumbs forward grip may have come after the Glock, or at least after Gaston Glock had learned to shoot.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Back