Glock fails to cock with 36 lb. recoil spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are you attempting to shoot crossbow shafts out of your Glock? Its obvious you need a larger winch!;)

Clark, the cause is the slide isn't retracting all the way and the fix would be a lighter recoil spring. I think 20# is considered heavy in a glock. Wolf offers them in 16, 18 and 20. George

Same answer as for the same question asked by the same guy on GT. There're no 9mm loads that would be too stout for a 20# spring. (But it wouldn't cost too much to try a 22#, also)

I don't mean to be overly acerbic, but it would seem to me that if you are sufficiently ignorant about the manner in which a Glock works, such that you would ask a question like this, then why would you think that you are qualified to fabricate your own recoil system? This is befuddling.

Walter - I suggest a couple of alka seltzers for that acerbity. Clark - Please tell me the location of the range you will be testing those +P++ rounds so I can make it a point not to be there! :D :cool: :rolleyes:

hey, you like my gun? ... shoots through schools.
Nick Nick Nick (from Johnny Dangerously)

seriously, don't overmodify. go by what Glock recommends. it's a good rule of thumb.

You guys don't fall for this silliniess, do you? The guy's already been written off on GT as either a troll or somebody who's as dumb as two posts.

I shot some 185 gr. bullets through my Para P16-40 that was clocked through a chronography going 3300 fps. Then we adjusted the sensor so the shadow wasn't tripping the sensor, it read a disappointing 950 fps.

You know what they say about guys shooting +P++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ loads.

Guys, this is the person that blows up guns for fun. I just don't know how he manages to shoot, missing all those fingers! :D:eek: :barf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back