Glock biting my hand

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShooterDave

I have a Glock 19 which I absolutely love. Problem is that the slide cycles so close to the fleshy part of my hand that I usually leave the firing line bleeding. I've tried gripping the gun lower but it still tends to settle itself over the course of a couple of rounds.

The best solution I've been able to come up with has been to tape a pad of about 1/4" thickness on the inside curve, at the top of the backstrap. This pushes my hand down just far enough to evade the slide but still allows me to grip the gun firmly.

Question: Any ideas (or products) on a more perminate solution than duct-tape?

Thanks,

David

I think Robar can add a "1911" like beaver-tail grip to the Glock frame. They do this with an epoxy and as an option, reduce the grip if desired.

Robar does good work. Arizona Response Systems does the same quality work at much lower prices.

pete80 is correct in that the beavertail is probably your only choice for a permanent fix-it.

Thanks for the ideas.

I was hoping that there was something that I could do that would not be so expensive. Might have to venture out on my own.

Guess if I mess up the grip...well, I have been thinking about getting one of the new frames :)

Thanks again,

David

ShooterDave,

Try wrapping a few rubber bands around the grip area. These will help your grip stay put as you fire a string of shoots.

Good Luck...

Joe

------------------
Go NRA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back