Glock 9mm

shooter.45

Well I finally shot my cousins Baby Glock 9mm and I think I have the Glock bug. It shot nice trigger was great and pretty accurate. I swore I would never get one but I am thinking about it but I would rather have a 4" barell one maybe the model 19? anyone have one and have opinions.

Thanks

I have a 17 (the large one) and a 26 (the subcompact one) in 9 mm. Both are accurate and reliable. The 19 is in the middle both on concealability and capacity. A lot of Glock owners say it's their favorite Glock.

Get the Glock 19C with the compensator. I got my G19 before the C model became available. I love the G19, it's compact, accurate, light weight and holds 15-rd in the mag (17 if you use the +2). The C model just makes it that much faster to double tap. :D

Also my dealer has a used one Glock 19 9mm Nite Sights 2 Factory HC mags 90% orig finish mint bore no box. he is asking 440.00 is that worth it or should I buy new??

Thanks

Also my dealer has a used one Glock 19 9mm Nite Sights 2 Factory HC mags 90% orig finish mint bore no box. he is asking 440.00 is that worth it or should I buy new??
That's pretty much the going price for a factory refurbished Glock with Night Sights, give or take $25. But you got to find them...

Your dealer's price is a good price. The mags are the real value, there. (They're worth $75-$90, each.)

Shooter.45

One way to look at this price is the 2 std. factory mags are worth at least $100 to $130 depending on the dealer and location. That puts the pistol itself at $310 to $340. At that price I'd go for it even with 2 factory low caps. Throw in the night sights and the deal gets better.

My Glock 19 was also orphaned at a dealer before I came along. Mine was $380 with 1 factory std. and 1 low cap. I've sent cases of rounds down range through it and have had no problems with either factory ammo or my reloads.

Glock's are considered among the most durable and reliable pistols. The Tennifer finish is excellent particularly if you plan on using it for carry. Provided there are no signs of obvious abuse, and you trust the dealer, it will make a great addition.

Mine came without a box or manuals. I called Glock and received the manuals within 3 days. As for the box, a reasonable facsimile can be found in the Housewares section of WalMart.

I've owned my G19C for over a year...carry it with me wherever I go....great gun...I would highly recommend it if you find it at a decent price. Loves pretty much all the ammo i can find!

I've got a 23 (same as the 19, but in .40 caliber; holds 13+1 instead of 15+1). Great gun. Lightweight and excellent size. Because of it's popularity, there are lots of holsters and other options available for it. It'd be a waste to get one without the pre-ban clips, so that's a bonus. If you really want to kick it up a notch, you can get LaserMax's for it for around 300 bucks now!

i have been carrying a refrub m19 for serveral yes now. I much prefer it over my bigger m17 and m22 and shoots better than the m26 i tried

the price sounds about right, i paid $359 for it (NY1, original box, cleaning rod and loading tool) without night sites but with 3 factory HC mags.

i added +2 mag-bases, 8 extra mags, hogue handall and 3.5lb trigger. i use the factory beltslide and a forbus paddle. it has become my default CCW piece, goes everywhere except dressy affairs where i carry my HK P7.

think hard before getting the "C" model for carry. limits your shooting options, can be dangerous (venting gases) when fired with arms at less than full extension

I love my G19 and can hit clay pigeons at 15 yds without any trouble (still target, not thrown). It is the most reliable pistol I've owned and it is what I keep in my nightstand. (w/hogue handall)

You know I never could decide which I liked better, the G26, or the G19. So I had to get both!!! :cool:
They are both great guns. For me, it's six of one , half a dozen of the other. However, if you want the longer barrel, by all means, get the G19. :)

I love my G19! Great gun, easy carry, quite accurate. Price sounds definately reasonable, and once you purchase it, look up your nearest GSSF shoot, and have a Glock armorer look it over and give it a quick check.

Remember this is my opnion...

The baby Glock's are like carrying a brick for CCW. It is just too bulky. If you carry it on the waist that's probably the best way, but I would have to make too many clothing adjustments and it's just too hot here in GA to wear a covering garment. IWB will make be buy bigger pants than necessary.

I eithert carry my S&W 642 in my pocket or my Kahr P9 in my Alessi ankle rig.

Let the flames begin..........

vmaam,
No flames from me. If you don't like glocks, hey that's fine. Other than being a Smith,(which I dislike for political reasons) the 642 is a fine gun. I prefer the Taurus 605. You like the Kahr P9. I prefer the Glock 26. So what!!!! The dead bad guy isn't going to care, so why should I????? :rolleyes: BTW, here in AZ it gets hotter, 115 deg. in the shade, the G26 conceals quite nicely in an IWB with a loose covering t-shirt, or in a Galco pocket holster. :cool: Sorry, couldn't resist!!! ;)

Try the 19 and 26. Choose the one that feels best to you. Why? You can't go wrong with either. My personal choice is the Model 26 but to each their own. Regards, Richard.

Back