Glock 43X

Price? Good luck in getting one! A dark thought I had when I placed a deposit with my local distributor. How far away are we from mandatory ten (10) round limit on pistol magazines a Federal rule.

Until, or if, that ever comes to be, my Glock 19 gen4 will be holstered and concealed. With a spare G17 magazine. At this time, with its perfect black finish, it sits behind me on my bedside table.

Price? Good luck in getting one! A dark thought I had when I placed a deposit with my local distributor. How far away are we from mandatory ten (10) round limit on pistol magazines a Federal rule.

Until, or if, that ever comes to be, my Glock 19 gen4 will be holstered and concealed. With a spare G17 magazine. At this time, with its perfect black finish, it sits behind me on my bedside table.
Actually pretty easy to find around here plus a TON of them on places like GunBroker. As for any mandatory federal firearm anything...Unless the Congress is all blue, it will not happen and maybe not even then.

I picked up a model 48 on Thursday, the LGS also had the 43X in stock. The 4" barrel better suits my intended use, so...

sYZcTh9.jpg

Yup, I got a 48 as well. If I want a 43x, i’ll just put my 43 upper on my 48’s lower lol.

I’m really liking my 48 so far. I definitely didn’t get blue label pricing that’s for sure.

Yup, I got a 48 as well. If I want a 43x, i’ll just put my 43 upper on my 48’s lower lol.

I’m really liking my 48 so far. I definitely didn’t get blue label pricing that’s for sure.
I handled on not too long ago. Really liked how it felt in the hand..gonna go rent one.-43 kinda painful to shoot for me.

I handled on not too long ago. Really liked how it felt in the hand..gonna go rent one.-43 kinda painful to shoot for me.
I don’t know if the “little extra” the 48 will give you will make it more pleasant to shoot versus the 43. That said, i’m ok with the 48’s snap where the 43 was a little too snappy for me so I had it ported. I think it’s that little bit more on the grip that made the difference for me. So who knows?

Here’s hoping for you cuz, I like em lol!

I got my daughter a 43 a bit ago and I really, really like it, but yeah, that extra little bit on the 43x makes it a must-get for me.

I just got a 43X through blue label. So far, it has been a great gun. I had a regular 43 and traded it for the Sig P938, of which I did not care for.

I had been wanting to get another 43, so I went into our local blue label dealer to pick one up. I saw the 43X in the case right next to the 43 and asked to see both. From my understanding the grip is only 0.75 of an inch longer, and you get four more rounds per magazine.

I did have a few concerns with the 43X once I got it home though. The slide felt gritty, and the slide stop was stiff and almost impossible for me to use.

I disassembled the 43X and cleaned it up. It was unfired, but had a lot of lube. Cleaning it up did the trick on the gritty slide, but not the slide stop. So I set out in search of a new slide stop. Nobody advertised a specific slide stop for the 43X, so I took a chance and bought a slide stop for the regular 43. Nobody seemed to know if they were cross compatible. Luckily, they are. I got a Vickers "extended" slide stop. While it isn't like the bullet extension ones that are made for the full size guns it works almost as good. It is looser, and sticks out more so that you can actually use it.

I have only ran 50 rounds through the 43X and so far so good. I like having the extra bit on the grip.

All in all I would take a 43X over the regular 43. Plus I like the rwo tone deal...

I gotta say -- as someone who's not especially fond of Glocks -- the 43X and especially 48 are REALLY nice. Perfectly sized for me. I like both better than the P365. If Glock had copied Sig's stack-and-a-half magazines maybe we'd be seeing 12 or more rounds in the new ones here.

The 365 doesn't have a 'stack-and-a-half' mag, it's a full double stack.

It has a patented magazine design that starts out as single stack and transitions to a double stack magazine at the end.

That is how they pack so many rounds into such a small package.

The key to the design of the SIG Sauer P365 is its “modified” double-stack magazine design with a single-stack neck that widens to a staggered column and then into a modified double-stack.

2daiwqc.jpg

https://www.gunworld.com/guns/handguns/sig-sauer-p365/

So...if the bottom is a traditional double stack magazine...how is the grip only 1" wide? I see how feeding up into a single stack neck allows for a narrow slide but what's the secret to the bottom of the grip?

Everything old is new again! :D

Looks like the 12 round Makarov magazine, although a bit shorter in the single stack portion.

Important factor is not just the magazine design but the tight structure of the pistol grip on the weapon. It is a lot tougher than one might assume by looking at it. I know of no reports of pistol grip cracks or similar problems from ANYONE.

Back