Glock 43x thread

TruthTellers

Looks like Glock is going to be unveiling a 10 round Glock 43. Clearly this is to compete with the P365 by Sig and with all the issues that pistol has had, I can see why Glock is doing this now.

I really don't care much for these "stack and a half" pistols, they're not much smaller than sub-compact doublestacks that hold more rounds and can even use the full size magazines. I use to feel the same way about single stacks, but after trying to stuff a G26 in my front pocket over an LC9s, the difference was night and day.

The 1.5 stacks are not significantly small enough for me to consider, but to some they may be. I don't think a loss of two rounds in a mag capacity is a big deal.

Good for Glock and this will be a HUGE seller. I am very interested in it myself. I am not interested in the P365 for among other reasons it is too small for me. Considering the number of people in states with 10 round magazine limits will be an another reason for popularity of such a pistol.

I could care less if the grip of the 43X is a bit thicker as it is the narrow slide width of the Glock 43 that makes it more comfortable for IWB CCW.

Last edited:
Looks like Glock is going to be unveiling a 10 round Glock 43. Clearly this is to compete with the P365 by Sig and with all the issues that pistol has had, I can see why Glock is doing this now.

I really don't care much for these "stack and a half" pistols, they're not much smaller than sub-compact doublestacks that hold more rounds and can even use the full size magazines. I use to feel the same way about single stacks, but after trying to stuff a G26 in my front pocket over an LC9s, the difference was night and day.

The 1.5 stacks are not significantly small enough for me to consider, but to some they may be. I don't think a loss of two rounds in a mag capacity is a big deal.
I'd think Glock would be better served by having a 'factory' +2 mag extender..8+1 w/o the fat grip like the G26(I find that too fat also). I think the grat part of the G43 is it's slimness and how well it feels in MY hand..

My son has a G43 with +2 mags...and personally, I think 9 rounds of good effective 9mm is 'probably' sufficient. If not, he'll carry his G17.

Many will be sold, but probably not to me. If I decide I just GOTTA have 10 rounds instead of 8, I’ll likely just carry my G19.

Have you held and handled a P365 next to a Glock 26 or similarly sized double stack subcompact? It's tremendously smaller. For that matter it's dimensionally smaller than my PPS M2 single stack. To the point that I shoot my PPS better than a P365 because the P365 is actually just a little bit too small.

I think everyone had assumed that the P365 would be the game changer that led every other brand to compete with 1.5 stacks of their own, and it looks like that's going to happen.

I'll definitely be interested to see what comes about over the next few years.

I just ordered a PPS M2 with the RMS-C red dot. As those prices come down and more people begin using optical sights, I have to wonder whether other brands will similarly start packaging their subcompacts with pre-installed RDS.

Aside: I wonder whether/when someone will figure out how to 1.5x the capacity of a doublestack magazine -- will we start seeing 22 round Glock 19s? :)

While I'm happy with my G43 I also believe the more the merrier. If someone comes up with a better tool then I would be stupid to ignore it because I already have one. If that were the case we would still be driving around in a Model A.

I have handled the P365 and it feels really good in my hands with the 12 round mag and look forward to others who bring similar products to the game.

My wife does really well with her Glock 43. Center of bullseye, seven yrds. with the first shot. I could never get use to the grip angle. I picked up a 365, which I really get along with, and she likes it enough, that she bought one too.

I have a 43, but would be really interested in a 43x after the beta testing. I refuse to buy any more Sigs after dealing with their Customer Service.

I am interested , 43 is my EDC . It will depend how much size it takes to get those extra rounds.

I love how easy the 43 carries . If that changes it won't be for me.

I have a 43, but would be really interested in a 43x after the beta testing. I refuse to buy any more Sigs after dealing with their Customer Service.
Plus 1...tough to be a handgun beta tester when you are asking it to protect you, even if that possibility is teeny.

Have you held and handled a P365 next to a Glock 26 or similarly sized double stack subcompact? It's tremendously smaller. For that matter it's dimensionally smaller than my PPS M2 single stack. To the point that I shoot my PPS better than a P365 because the P365 is actually just a little bit too small.

I think everyone had assumed that the P365 would be the game changer that led every other brand to compete with 1.5 stacks of their own, and it looks like that's going to happen.
Yeah, this G43x is just the tip of the iceberg. Ruger, S&W, Walther, maybe even Kel-Tec will come out with their own. Everybody has to get a piece of market share for some reason, about the only case that is not the case is bullpup long guns.

Not a gun design guy but I would assume the upper of the 43x would be the same as the -43 and lower 'guts' also with the only difference being the mag well and lower part of the magazine..since the top of these 'hybrid' mags are essentially a 'single stack'...

Maybe 'convert' a -43 to 43x with a lower and a couple of mags...

I'm not surprised by this at all, but it will probably be more than I want to spend. I'm happy with my Taurus G2C, and it only cost me $230 including FFL fees. Darn close to the same size as a G43, but with twice the capacity, and half the price. I can't imagine this new version is going to turn my head.

So wait isn’t that a g26 with none of the magazine compatibility?
It's a G43 with G26 capacity. If someone wants a single stack, this will give them the extra capacity. If the width savings aren't that important, then a G26 would fit the bill better because of all the magazine options.

I have to think they'd release a 12 round mag for this G43x to compete with Sig. Heck maybe 14 rounds just to say someone's done it :)

It’s thicker than the g43 not sure if they would have compatibility with G43...otherwise Glock would have released the G43 extended mag. We’ll see haha

Back