glock 43 & silencers/suppressors

I have a Glock 43 and because of massive new construction in my developement
due to the golf course being sold to a Developer who will add 320 new homes
All of the wild critters like moccasins, coyotes etc. have moved over to our side of the developement and I'd prefer not to scare the dickens out of my neighbors if I have to protect my 2 dogs when taking them out at night so my question is;

Can a stock G43 have either a silencer or suppressor and who makes it?
Also I'd prefer not to change barrels to a threaded one.

As always, ALL comments on this particular question are welcome.

Thanks.

First off....You will need to change barrels to a threaded one. Thats what the silencer attaches to, the threads.

Second, it sounds lkke you are in the USA. If thats the case, you cant just go out and get a suppressor. Some paperwork, some cash and a 9-12 month wait.

Also, discharging a firearm in a residential area is not wise, and may be illegal in your state / city. In defense of a persons life, probably over looked, but I doubt law enforcement cares too much about your dogs.

glock 43 & silencers/suppressors

Threaded barrels are a must for suppressors, unless they’re integrated into the gun.

Suppressors are huge.

There are Ruger Mark IV Pistols with integrated suppressors but they’re not exactly light, either.

Discharging firearms in the city or development are also frowned upon.

You can try carrying a walking stick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The dogs were just an example. We have Panthers, Huge Boa Constrictors, Cotton Mouths & a plethora of fairly dangerous critters in the "UNICORP. area of where I live. Some are protected by law & I know which ones are protected.

My question & main point is can a unthreaded G43 handle a silencer or suppressor. The only reason for asking is "I DO NOT WANT TO DISTURB MY NEIGHBORS'. Sorry for any confusion that might have taken away from the actual question.

So the answers should be.
1- No there isn't a product out there for your G43 or
2- There is either a silencer/suppressor & here's what they are.

One question I have is do you intend to just walk around with the pistol in hand with the suppressor attached? There aren't many holsters, especially concealment holsters, set up for suppressors. Or are you planning on screwing on the suppressor if that point arrives? Because in the second case I'd argue if you have time to screw on a suppressor you likely have time to get out of Dodge.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

So if it's only at night in your backyard, I kind of don't get why it has to be a micro pistol like the G43. I'm guessing because that's what you have currently? I'm just thinking of shooting a suppressed pistol at night one handed (because you need a light somehow and the G43 doesn't have a rail) with a very short sight radius and I'm thinking it wouldn't be too easy to get good hits. I also wonder how that setup would balance in the hand given the small size of the G43 and the length of the suppressor. Lastly I'm not sure if you'd need to change a recoil spring as well.

I'm sure someone makes the threaded barrel, I just think there are a number of questions on that setup. Problem is you really need the suppressor to test it and once you commit to that you commit to the initial cost, tax stamp, and the wait.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I also wonder how that setup would balance in the hand given the small size of the G43 and the length of the suppressor.

I have run my AAC Ti-rant 9s on my Glock 26. Its actually a pretty neat set up.

Back