glock .40

Status
Not open for further replies.

treeee

Inactive
i am considering getting a glock .40 modle 20 or 22. i was wondering if anyone has any experience with either model that might be helpfull. or if anyone knows where i can pick a used one reasonable
please e-mail me with response
thanks

I have several G22's and it is an excellant weapon, I use them for defense/carry and competition. The Glock 20 is chambered for 10mm not 40 though. THe other 40's are
22 full size
23 compact
24 longslide
27 subcompact
34 longslide

Matt K

I never particularly liked Gaston's Model nomenclature. Here's a link that may help: <a href= http://www.glockmeister.com/gpistols.html > Glock Models </a>
Rich

Rich,

Thanx for the link. It clears me noggin of the the foggin numbers that I don't need to know...

Any chance that someone out there has links to quality custom parts and accessories for the Glocks?

I have 2 G22s, 2 G35s and a G27. Extra 357SIG barrels for all. Like em a lot.
Try one, if it fits, works for you, go for it. If it doesn't, move on and keep looking no matter how super-duper it is!
Good enough for FBI/DEA issue.
FBI fired 20,000 rounds each through six different Glock 40s without one malfunction in the whole 120,000 rounds. Testing included lodging a bullet in the barrel in front of the chamber and firing the gun without damage.

Try to avoid the aftermarket crap on Glocks. Glock offers everything you should need, including ported barrels, extended slide stops, etc.
The new frames also alleviate the need so many people felt to add one of those cheesey hogue slip on finger groove thingees.
I just got a 34 and a 35 and I can't wait to use them in competition, they shoot wonderfully in the back yard range.

The Glock 23 is a great all around .40 S&W. I have carried it concealed, while on duty and used it for competition. The only time I've seen it malfuction has been in the hands of someone who wasn't holding the gun against the recoil properly. These "limp-wrist" malfunctions were with weak target loads. With a Glock you msut either hold the gun against the recoil OR used very powerful (Nato Spec) rounds to insure that the gun will cycle properly.

Stay away from the aftermarket stuff... If you ever have to sent the gun back to Glock, they strip all the nonGlock parts off and replace them with Glock standard parts before sending it back to you... and they dont send you the parts back either. They are tossed. The only parts they dont bother stripping are any aftermarket sights. I get this from 4 different friends who learned this lesson the expensive way.

Kodiak-
I was warned of this when I recently sent my M29 to Glock for a stovepipe problem. Having secured a European 3.5lb connector, I was told that they would take it out of the weapon since they don't install them for the US market.

I accompanied the weapon with a letter requesting that the disconnector be returned to me if they replaced it. Sure enough, the weapon came back with a ramp polish, new ejector and new connector. But my 3.5lb connector was returned in a separate baggie. YMMV
Rich

Several here referenced to staying away from "after market" add-ons. I disagree strongly. Glocks with their oct. type barrel have been proven to be dangerous if lead reloads are used.But an after market matvhgrade barrel with standard type rifling. Not only can you safely use reloads, but they are more accurate. Also, my G27 does have a "kick" to it when using hot factory loads. I installed a Harrt recoil reduction system in it and it shoots likea light 9mm. If you have to send it back to the factory, just insert the factory barrel and recoil rod.

sorry, I forget that some people still use lead rounds. In that case, yes, an aftermarket barrel is recommended. Of course, 99% of the lead eing fired is reloaded, you really aren't supposed to use reloads in a Glock anyway. Make sure they are full power loads and you shouldn't have much problem. The glocks don't like underpowered stuff.

WolfZ

I just ordered a Glock 27 Last night, please tell me more about the Harrt recoil system. Price, and where to buy.

Thanks

Chris

I am not WolfZ but I can tell you about the Harts recoil rod. It is a SS rod that is filled with mercury and several steel balls. Do you get the principle? I have used them in several Glocks and it does reduce percieved recoil. Costs about $80. and I bought mine from Dennys Shooters Supply.

Re RELOADs in Glocks: they may not like underpowered loads, and in .40 they REALLY don't like too hot loads! Careful! The standard pressures in .40 are high, and there is no SAAMI spec for +P in .40 cal. to my knowledge (this has been oft discussed on GlockTalk and maybe here too). Load 'em TOO hot, and you risk the notorious KaBoom.

Hartt's in a 27: I've been told that the maximum recoil damping with the Hartt's occurs with the full-size guns (longest guide rod). You might get substantially less benefit in a G27. Research before you buy.

[This message has been edited by Covert Mission (edited September 29, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back