Glock 36

TonyDe

Inactive
Picked up my new G36 fell in love and went right up to heaven. To me this is one sweet gun, and I intend to make it my steady CCW. My question is this. I don't care for the plastic sights that are factory issue. Would much prefer Nite Sights. I've had them installed on my G19, G23, G26, G30 with great results. My Glock Dealer says that he can't install night sights on the G36 because the "slide is much to thin and therefore will not hold the "nut" that secures the sight post. Looking at the inside of the slide shows clearly that the 36 sight is "pined" through the post. I didn't want to argue with the dealer. He has been most helful to me over the years and do respect what he says. On the other hand I've surfed the web and found that "glockworks" is offering night sights for the G36 for $89. Seems that my dealer might be wrong on this issue. Anyone out there familiar with this sight issue? Has anyone had his G36 sights replaced with "nite sights" ? Appreciate the feedback.

I replaced the factory sights with Heinie Straight 8s. It appeared to me that the front sight is the same as all the rest, it came out easy enough.
Since I switched sights, I have shot about 150 rounds or so, and no malfunctions.
A dab of locktite is recommended for the front.

The slide is not "too thin". The clearance between the barrel and slide is too narrow for the standard nut on the front night sight. At first gunsmiths were grinding the nuts down slightly to make them fit; manufacturers may have redesigned them to fit by now.

HTH,

Pete

TonyDe,

I'm in the process of deciding between the 30 and 36 for CCW. Can you comment on the two? I found the 30 to be very forgiving in the recoil department. No more than my Kimber Custom Classic. I've not shot the 36 yet but I am guessing the recoil to be a slight bit more difficult to manage.

Thanks,

Warm Bore

For me and my shooting buddies, the 36 has considerably more muzzle rise than the 30. Others claim this can be improved with AGrip. ljlc

By now most manufactures of aftermarket self luminous sights have produced a model specifically for the G36. My dealer had the same information given to him and I had to politely correct him when he ordered my Trijicons and they were not the new model. It ended up costing him the sights plus the shipping of the new ones, but some dogs just don't learn new tricks.

Later,

I love mine too...

It's still box stock now, but I'm also thinking night sights and perhaps a Harrts recoil reducer, and the Pearce +1 basepads.

I prefer the 36 to the 30 as a function of comfort (weight, balance, etc.) and it's more than accurate enough for my purposes.

Welcome to the club.

SA Scott

The masses at GlockTalk have speoken and the G30 is the clear winner.

The G36 is dimenionally smaller but side by side, its a very negligible difference.

My range has had a G36 available for rent. For me, it really barked for a subcompact 45. But it was not as accurate as the G30 or the G21.

For CCW, I'll stick with the G30. It uses G21 hi caps too.

Hawkman is right on the money. I ordered a Novak plain black rear with a tritium front for my g36. When I installed the sights, the barrel rubbed against the front sight screw. Novak sent me a new screw and that took care of the problem. Love those Novaks.

Regards,
Frank

Back