Glock 36

Noban

Has the new single stack Glock 36 hit the market yet in your area? I live in Santa Barbara CA and no dealer in town has any idea when they might get their first one. If any of you have one, how much was it and how does it handle?

Thanks!

The G36 is not available yet. No estimated release date from Glock.

Check their website for more info. ;)

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

Why wait. Buy a glock 30 and save yourself the $50 additional markup for it being the hot new item on the block. Most dealers will stick with the chump fee for 6 months after its public release due to limited demand.

Buy a Glock 30, takes Glock 21 hi-cap mags, lots of accessories, big following on GlockTalk; wideley alleged to be the most accurate glock of all including their competition models.

I shot the 9mm comp model, the Glock 35 I beleive last week and my Sigs and HKP7s shoot more accurate.

Anyway, if you want a single stack that's thin, there have to be thinner 45s - it's only 2/10 of inch thinner than the G30 if my memory serves me and you only have what 8 rounds.

If you want to carry a Glock concealed comfortably, the Glock 26/27 is the one that most Glocksters carry. Even if is the thinnest Glock, it's not the smallest. Its length and height equal a G19/G23/30 in the compact range.
The Glock 36 I hate to say, is a RIP OFF! And I own a G26 and a G30.

Don't buy into the hype and pay that chump fee, what and hold one in your hands before you decide. The worst thing that will happen is that you'll have to wait more time and save even more money.

------------------
The Seattle SharpShooter
If it can't shoot jacketed rat turds powered by mouse farts, I ain't gonna shoot it!

The Glock 36 is not yet available.. Glcok is working out some problems withthe original Follwers.

All due respect to the above member, but the Glock 36 will offer some serious advantages for CCW over the G30.

While it is, on paper, only fractionally thinner than the G17/19/23/22/etc's, in the hand it is noticably thinner. Of course, it is significantly thinner than the G30.
You do lose some function to the better concealed fit, though. You loose the ability touse the larger (G21) mags, and you lose capacity (a few rounds to the standard G30 mags).

I have a G30 and I love it. I carry it often and have used it in a couple competitions, it is a great gun. But, when the G36's become available, I will get one.. primarily for use as an on duty backup... the G30 is simply to thick for me to use in that role.

(btw- The G35 is the practical/tactical .40 S&W)

Back