glock 35 for ipsc

docsitz

Inactive
I am trying to build up a glock 35 for ipsc limited. So far i have done some upgrades (list below) but i am wondering if there are any other upgrades that i am missing i just started shooting and don't really know what i am doing. my main concern is to reduce recoil and muzzle movement. So any suggestions are appreciated.

upgrades so far
extended steel guild rod
new guild springs 15, 17, 20 lbs
3.5 connecter
25 cent trigger job
3.5 oz mag well
talon grip sticker
ZEV extended mag release
recoil buffer
+5 mag extensions

i don't know what spring to use yet i was planning on shooting a few rounds with each and seeing which one works best.

Shoot what you got. So much is what it feels like to YOU. Try different bullets to make power factor. Some like a snappy feel (like a hot 9mm), and some like the push, more like a 45.

Have fun!

Lee

docsitz said:
i just started shooting and don't really know what i am doing.

I have a glock 35 that I shoot in USPSA events as well as unsanctioned "outlaw" events. The only modification I have on it is a bunch of extra magazines.

The gun isn't going to limit you for at least a few seasons. Spend your money on ammo and range time. Practice good clean hits. The speed will come.

IMVHO.

i have been shooting the glock for a few weeks, about 3000 rds. and i like the way it feels. the only thing is the pre travel on the trigger i have been trying to shoot from the reset but i tend to shoot too fast when i do that. is there a way to stop the pre travel in the trigger other than the $180 trigger ?

The pretravel is necessary to pull the striker back and depress the firing pin safety.
So it's necessary for the functioning of the gun.
You should get used to it soon. and then it will be unnoticed.
Unless you are using other guns, too, with different acting triggers.
Then switching back and forth can get confusing.
Somewhere or other, it's been said that it takes over 1,000 repetitions to move something from the conscious mind into the subconscious.
Dry fire the heck out of it, in addition to range time, and the pretravel will not be problem.

well i think i am close to the one thousand mark, but good to know i wil stop noticing it so much after a while.

Here is my Limited Glock 35. It was worked over by Accurate Iron. The frame mods such A's the undercut trigger guard and the beavertail allow me to get my hand high on the gun. That combined with strong locked wrists helps manage recoil. I shoot full power factory ammo and the recoils is never my primary concern.

G35LimitedGun.jpg

I used to use grip tape when I first started because of two things. I was concerned about permanently modifying my pistols frame and the texturing is pretty rough. I actually felt that it was uncomfortable. Then I shot a full season of USPSA and 3 gun. My grip tape got worn down and in the heat if summer with sweaty hand it moved around on the frame. So I switched to the texturing and it's the only way to go in my opinion.

To answer your question, yes it is much better than grip or skateboard tape.

I use a G35 for Ltd and Ltd 10, and the only changes I made were,

Tape applique on the grip.

Remove the extended slide release and installed a standard unit.

i think i will try the tape for now and try to find someone with the textured grip and see how that feels before going down that road. thanks for the advise thought.

That's exactly what I did. I actually thought the textured frame was tough rough. It kinda hurts when it's fresh on a polymer frame. It's all good though.

yeah the talon grip tape stuff seems pretty nice for now and it leaves me extra money to spend on things like a new barrel and working on ammo reloading. on that note what gives less kick a 165 gain bullet with a velocity of 1000 fps or a 180 grain with a velocity of 917?

Generally, a larger bullet with just enough of a fast powder will feel softer, even if another load has the same power factor. Some shooters like a snappier feel, and they claim they want the slide to move fast so they are not "waiting" for the gun, and the big bullet/fast powder combo does not achieve that. So, whatever works for you.

Back