Glock 32 (357 Sig) using a Lone Woilf Conversion to 9mm +P+?

dontcatchmany

Anyone done the conversion of a Glock 32 to 9mm with a Lone Wolf barrel and use +P+ Underwood or Buffalo Bore ammo?

I have ordered the 9mm barrel that should be here in a couple of days. Already have the 40 S&W conversion barrel.

Gen 4 G32.

Research seems to indicate that there is no problem, BUT I thought I would ask.

I have Glock 27, 19, 22, & 35's all with 9mm & 357 Sig conversion barrels.

issues that may come up when shooting 9 in a 40/357.

#1 - Extraction of 9mm when using a 40/357 extractor. Simple fix - swap to a 9mm extractor in 1 minute. 5 minutes if you gotta dig around for the punch tool.

#2 - IF you'd swapped the recoil assembly to a heavier weight - target 9mm rounds may not cycle properly. Simply fix - stick to the OEM recoil spring.

#3 - Replace ejector with 9mm if you don't like brace to the face. Simple fix - wear a baseball cap. :)

#4 - Use a 9mm mag. While 40/357 mags will work with the 9mm rounds in a pinch, it's no fun even at the range.

...oh, and yes, I do sometimes shoot 9mm +P+ in 'em. No problems.

I'm confused. You want to convert your .357 to 9mm so you can shoot overloaded 9mm P almost as powerful as what you started with. What am I missing?

Why do you think +P+ ammo has any advantage? Just curious, but the P in +P is about pressure. +P+ doesn't exist as far as SAAMI is concerned. There is no 'standard' for it.
I'm thinking you should maybe ask Glock and/or Lone Wolf.
"...if you gotta dig around..." Everything has a place and everything in its place makes that go away. Doesn't help if you have a portal into the Twilight Zone in your shop though. snicker.

I'm confused. You want to convert your .357 to 9mm so you can shoot overloaded 9mm P almost as powerful as what you started with. What am I missing?

+2 rounds? Although, 9mm +P+ still falls short of 357 Sig by about 100 ft lbs. For SD, not a bad choice.

To the OP - If you do intend to use the weapon for self-defense, it is highly recommended to swap out the extractor & ejector. Using a 9mm mag is a requirement. Stock recoil should be ok as 9/40/357 all use the same OEM assembly.

T.Oheir,

snicker snicker.

I have some 9 mm +P+ (Underwood and B.Bore)that I got a while back for some reason and I just might shoot it!

Glock says only SAAMI, +P+ is not SAMMI.

I was simply asking a question,,,,did not expect to be lectured. Snicker, Snicker!

I doubt I will carry the +P+ unless absolutely necessary when I am out of other ammo. I kinda like 357 Sig for its accuracy and it is great to shoot.

Some people are using Glocks for IPSC/USPSA Open division guns and shooting 9 Major. That equals 357 Sig performance. A barrel with good case support is required because the pressure can run pretty high.

dontcatchmany, yes I have shot Underwood ammo in the Lone Wolf barrel. It’s fine. The barrel is very robust and fully supported.

#1 - Extraction of 9mm when using a 40/357 extractor. Simple fix - swap to a 9mm extractor in 1 minute. 5 minutes if you gotta dig around for the punch tool.

#2 - IF you'd swapped the recoil assembly to a heavier weight - target 9mm rounds may not cycle properly. Simply fix - stick to the OEM recoil spring.

#3 - Replace ejector with 9mm if you don't like brace to the face. Simple fix - wear a baseball cap.

#4 - Use a 9mm mag. While 40/357 mags will work with the 9mm rounds in a pinch, it's no fun even at the range.

Extractor and ejector are a non issue. I just use 9mm mags.

Back