GLOCK 30 Recoil?

mvdemarco

Thinking about buying one. Seems to be one of the smaller lighter "big" caliber handguns out there. Anyone with personal experience with one of these? How does it shoot??

Mike

Recoil is quite mild, considering. Very accurate gun, and 11 rds of .45 in a tidy package, just a little fat.

If you like Glocks, try the 30. It's my favorite.:)

Recoil & muzzle flip are relatively mild but not as good as the G21. Don't care for the way the chunky thing fits the hand or fingers but it's passable for large hands with long fingers. Very good accuracy but not @ the level of th 21.

Ditto what Boing and Skevlar said. The G30 is IMO a very mild recoiling .45 AND is very accurate. Still, it is not quite as good as the Glock 21 in the accuracy department.

I'll be the Devil's Advocate

I have large hands and I like everything about the Glock 30 except the fact that it will not feed 200 gr semi-wadcutter bullets. It is accurate and has a very light recoil. I would not hesitate to carry my into harm's way! Regards, Richard

I currently own...

...both of the "small" big Glocks: the 10mm Auto G29 and the .45 ACP G30. Both are surprisingly mild shooters, considering their considerable "horsepower-to-weight ratio". The G29 is (with all but the hairiest 10mm loads) no worse than an Officer's-size 1911 style in .45, and the G30 is milder than most conventional 9mm's of similar size. Opinions on the reasons for this vary, with the low Glock bore axis, the broad, recoil-distributing backstrap, and the alleged shock-absorbing 'flex' of the polymer frame all being credited to some degree. Regardless of why, the results are the same; despite looking like fearsome handfulls on paper, these are both pleasant pistols to shoot.

. Opinions on the reasons for this vary, with the low Glock bore axis, the broad, recoil-distributing backstrap, and the alleged shock-absorbing 'flex' of the polymer frame all being credited to some degree.

Tamara,

I wonder if the double (inner/outer) compound recoil spring soaks up some of the recoil as well?

The G30 seems to recoil less/handle better than the G23/32 in my hands. The G27/33 are way too much for me, meant for better men/women than me. YMMV.

Terminal ballistics?

G30 230/45 HS 13.8/.68
G23 155/40 HS 13/.65
G32 125/357 JHP 14/.60
G19 124 +P+ HS 13.4/.68
G26 124 +P+ HS 14/.66

The 357 has the most energy, but there is a lot of debate about how much that matters, if any.

S&M give em about the same OSS rating, high 80s to low 90s from short barrels. A lot of debate about that too. Too close to call IMO. :)

Personally, the nine is nifty enough for me, and the G26 the easiest of the compact Glocks to tuck away and shoot well if ya need it.

The Glock 30 is a great pistol, one of my favorites and I carry it often. I don't know of one that isn't accurate either. The recoil is relatively mild, but a Sprinco recoil reducer takes all the 'snap' out of what recoil there is. The 'snap' is caused by the slide impacting the frame and the reducer ease's that impact.

Back