glock 27 takedown

Jared

Inactive
I recently got a glock 27 for use in law enforcement. The glock has a new york trigger. My question is that when I go to remove the slide during the takedown process, it does not slide off smoothly. I have unloaded the gun, pulled the trigger so that it is back. I have moved the slide slightly to the rear and pushed down on both of the levers on the side of the frame. The slide seems to get hung up as I move it forward. This is remedied by pressing the trigger...the slide then comes right off. ANyone know what's going on???

My G17 slides off freely, the G19 has a momentary drag. I was curious about the difference myself, but have found no problems otherwise.

My 27 slides off freely,abeit it's one of the first model
27's to come off the assembly line.:D:)

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

that is a characteristic of the NY spring. It helps, as you move the slide forward to take it off, to repull the trigger. The NY spring lets it creep forward slightly during the takedown process.

Hawk

As Hawk said; the NY does that; NY tends to reset the trigger; re-pull trigger.

A NY trigger is an optional part intended to increase the trigger pull weight. It was originally mandated by the NY State Police in their purchase of the G17, thus the "NY" name.

If you're not from NY, then you're probably competent enough to handle your G27 without that NY trigger. If you want a revolver trigger pull, get a revolver. :)

Back