Glock 26

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyM

Inactive
I just bought a Glock 26 today.
I went to a range and tried it and really
was impressed.

Sooo.. I would like to hear from those who have tricked out there Glocks. After market springs, grips, holsters, etc. This will be my primary carry weapon so I am looking for a option in holsters as well as spring because I would like to shoot +P and do not want to abuse my Glock too much.

Links would be great.

Thanks.

Tony.

Hey, Tonym don`t have to worry about shooting, +p in your glock 26 that`s what it was design for. Might pick up heavier spring, metal guide rod, extended slide release. But that`s about it. Nickster!

Tony,
I currently own a Model 26, and have put 2000+ rounds through it without a single hangup. The only add-on I have is the extended slide release, and Pearce Grip Extenders on the mags. I considered putting a heavier recoil spring on it, but was discouraged by a smith here in Tacoma, the reason was that I didn't need it yet. If anything, I recommend the grip entensions. happy shooting with your new 26!

The Glock26 is a great gun! I don't have mine anymore, but I did carry it for 2 years in a Blade-Tech Kydex IWB holster. Kydex holsters are very thin, strong and have 2 adjustable tension (sp?) screws. Very comfortable. I now use one w/ my Kahr.
www.blade-tech.com/

DWM

[This message has been edited by DWM (edited October 23, 1999).]

Oh yah, I did buy the Pierce Grip Extenders. I tried to shoot with them and without them. I am better with them.

I think the slide release extention would be a good bet.

Tony

Regarding the recoil spring. You don't need to replace it with a stronger one. The 26 and 27 use the same spring. If there is enough spring for 40 S&W, there is plenty of spring for 9mm.

with Glocks, the sights are the only "must change" item, and there are even some who like the factory sights. I like the Ashley Express tritium sights for an "up-close-n-personal" gun like the 26.

the finger extensions are good, but obviously take away from concealability. good for your 2nd mag, though, and for range work.

for a 26, an IWB holster and/or a "Workman" style holster is the ticket.

I have Glock 27 and use it as a duty gun. Because of the use I have not changed the slide catch or the mag release. I did get the grip extension which made it a whole lot nicer to shoot a lot. You may want to think about the slide catch. If you read the Glock liturature it was designed to catch the slide. Glock recommends releasing the slide by pulling it back with your weak hand. It is all preferences and a matter of training. PS night sights are a plus as the regular ones are plastic and will fall off.

the G26 is a great little gun. Highly concealable, accurate and recoil is surprisingly soft, due to the dual recoil springs. I've installed "steel" night sights on mine and have the Pearce pinky extensions on 1/2 my mags. I do like to carry a hi-cap G17 or 19 mag as backup.

Personally, I've found my G26 to be as good as I need it to be right out of the box. I've seriously considered night sights, but have not been in a hurry to have them installed. In sum, I feel like the best Glock is a stock Glock. JMHO.

It's been mentioned before but I suppose it's worth mentioning again. The reason why Glock had a slide catch and not a slide release is because release is fine motor skill while racking with the slide with your palm over the slide is considered gross. For combat situations, this is the right idea.

My G27 have factory installed night sights. The only thing I've added are Pearce grips. Perhaps not on the G26s, but on the G27s, the extension makes quite a bit of difference.

TonyM,

I've had my Glock 26 for about a year and a half. It was my carry gun when I lived in Florida. Down there you sweat!! Never hurt the Glock. I have added an Arotek slide stop, and IWI's PT-Night Sights (from Ajax Shooting Supplies-good price). Because of the aftermarket sights being steel - I keep an eye on them for signs of rust. Not a big deal, you just have to pay attention to that if you put any kind of steel sights on yours. I also have one mag with Pearce's grip extension. I have medium size hands and actually got used to shooting it without the extension. Nice for target work though. I have put about 1500 rounds through it. CorBon
115gr JHP's make it come alive!!

Oh, by the way, if you want pretty good quality but inexpensive practice ammo, go to a Sports Academy store if there is one in your area. They sell 115 FMJ CCI Blazer 9mm ammo for $5.99 per 50 round box.

Glocks are perfect right out of the box. Some people resent that being said, but I have found it to be true.
One thing that many people change: the sights. Glock puts cheap sights on there guns to save you money because most people end up putting their own preference on there anyway (there are so many varieties of sighting systems these days).
That is, unless you buy the factory night sights, and then you are set.
Add the pinky-extensions if your hands are big. That is about it.
Some people will add a steel recoil spring for a little weight out toward the nose. Dragon Fire makes a good recoil dual-spring setup that really dampens recoil. The dual-recoil spring on the mini-Glock is really good though and cannot be beat by any single spring setup. Be sure to get a dual spring setup like the Dragon Fire if you are going to go through the trouble of replacing the factory setup.
As for all the other stuff, I would just leave the Glock alone. The Glock really runs best and most reliable just like it is. This is a new concept to some people. Just shoot it, and learn it. Spend your money on ammo and "become one with the gun".
Things like the Plug, titanium firing pins, and all that garbage are just ways to take your money. Most people buy those items, try them out, and then end up putting the stock parts back on.
Take your money, buy ammo, and shoot the heck out of that gun. YOU and the development of your skills are the best upgrade for a Glock.

$ .02

G26 kicks serious butt! Good choice! As for accessories, I suggest getting the following in chronological order:
Federal 124 gr. Hydra shok or Cor Bon 115 gr.
Grip extender
kydex holster
alessi (if you're rich) or uncle mike (if you're not) ankle holster- this is optional if you need real concealment
night sights
sleep well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back