Glock 22 Police Trade in Deal

My final firearms purchase for awhile (until the warden forgets!) I bought a pretty nice Glock 22 4th Gen. with 2 mags for $289 at GT Distributors in Rossville Ga. 2013 manufacture with just slight bluing off of nite sites and slide release. How;d I do?

Attachments

• IMG_3311.JPG
    IMG_3311.JPG
    197.5 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:
I'm not a glock lover or hater but I have always wanted to take advantage of one of these deals.

Seems like a great deal to me.

I'm not a Glock guy, so I had to do some google-fu to get some more info. 40 Cal explains the good deal to me. Seems 40 Cal is less popular and available for less money than the more popular 9mm models. If you're cool with the caliber, I still think it's a great deal.

That's awesome.

You generally aren't going to get a Glock in a caliber other than .45 GAP for less than $300, let alone a Gen 4.

I bought a police trade in glock 22 in .40 some years ago and got three 15 shot glock magizines with it for 300.00 out the door and it looked brand new. after all the negative remarks from my friends, I worried if I had made a good buy. but after running a bulk box(200) of Remington 165 gr HB thru it with out a problem(no FTF or FTF) I was impressed and kept a quart can jumping at 25 yards.

I used to go to that same store for years and liked it alot--they were heavily patronized by local LE so they had some good deals on used handguns--long guns, not so much--but they were willing to deal--some of my used guns ended up there. Good score.:)

Yes, I'm cool with the .40 S&W. Bullets were 9.99 a box at GT. The only problem is that my brothjer-in-law, a cajun hunter par excellence, hates glocks and thinks they are plastic assault weapons without a safety. I read up on my purchases. The KaBoom problem has been solved if you stay away from reloads. With 5 million or so sold in the US there must be a reason. I just had to have one of these Austrian wonders!

Any Glock in decent condition for <$300 would be a steal around here. Well done.
The only problem is that my brothjer-in-law, a cajun hunter par excellence, hates glocks and thinks they are plastic assault weapons without a safety.
My brother doesn't trust polymer pistols, either. He's worried that the polymer will become brittle if it gets too cold. Never mind the fact that he duck hunts with a polymer stock on his shotgun . . . . #facepalm

My final firearms purchase for awhile (until the warden forgets!) I bought a pretty nice Glock 22 4th Gen. with 2 mags for $289 at GT Distributors in Rossville Ga. 2013 manufacture with just slight bluing off of nite sites and slide release. How;d I do?
Ya did just fine sir!! Congratulations..Great piece, reliable, accurate, fun..what a HG is supposed to be.

I’ve thought about getting one of these G22’s for a while.
One reason...back during the last big ammo shortage, when 9mm was unobtainable for about a year, my local Walmart always had 40s&w on the shelf.
Besides, I like Glock’s, and depend on both a G26 and G17.

Yes they had gen 2's for $239. I paid $50 more because the gun was newer, had 2 mags. had a beefed up recoil spring and accessory rails. By the way any of you more experienced glock aficionados have a recomendation for a good (under $50) external carry holster?

Last edited:
Do a search on eBay for Glock holsters...
The G17 and G22 have been so popular for so long that there are pages full of high quality used holsters for cheap.

I once had a Gen4 22 but I’m just not a fan of the forty. But you are bucks ahead at that price to go get a 9mm conversion barrel, which I wouldn’t hesitate to do since it will pay for itself if you shoot factory ammo. If you load your .40 you don’t need the conversion barrel.

I do handload for every firearm I own. I hesitate about getting a 9mm conversion barrel for the glock 22 because some people say handloads can be dangerous in a polymer glock. If someone could assure me that modest 9mm handloads are safe, I might purchase some dies.

Right to bear arms, if that is the kind of assurance you’re seeking in this forum, I’m not sure how many would be willing to provide that due to the universe of possibilities with not the least of which being having said something that can be used against oneself in a court of law in a civil liability or criminal case. I would be willing however to assure you that at some point in your life you will be experiencing taxation and death.

Back