Glock 21C price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rich I

What's the going price for a Glock 21C? There's a G21C on sale at a local gun store for $589. This seems a decent price but not a "bargain" price. Also, I'm on the fence between a Glock 21C or an HK USP45. FWIW, I have a SIG P220 that's great but I'd like to have a .45 ACP that uses ten round mags. I'd like to get a CZ-97 but can't find one locally. :(
Basically, I'd like another .45 ACP that was as accurate OOTB as a SIG P220 and uses ten round factory mags. Price is a factor.

TIA,
Rich

I likve in Atlanta, and the next County over is Cobb County. In Cobb County, there's this famous city among shooters called Smyrna... home of Glock. All the Police get excellent deals around here, and I think that "Smyrna Police Distributors" will sell to LEO's outside of their city. If you are a LEO you may wnt to look into them and save a few hundred bucks.

$589.00 is NOT a sale price.
Ben

Rich,
I too saw b&b's ad, in todays register. $589 seems very high, I was just at b&b's in westminster and most glocks were going for around $459. I think the G30 was $529, but then I wasn't looking at the .45's. b&b's advertised prices are typically what the normally charge for their guns everyday, so their ads are somewhat misleading you to think that they are "on sale".

Thanks, Gymco. I'd just as soon drive over to Turners and get a G21C or an HK USP45 instead of going out to B&B if that's the normal price. I haven't seen a Glock 21C at Turners and I was wondering if the compensated version of the G21 was that much more expensive. BTW, have you seen any CZ97's in this area? That's what I'd really like to check-out. :)

Later,
Rich

Rich, so you're into commodities. Oy!
I'm retired at 41, partially due to that market but...Oy!

That is definitely high $$ for the Glock.

I shoot both the .45 Glock and H&K alot.
Try before you buy. Assuming we are staying away from sex appeal and overall name brand lust, (Greg! ;)) consider the following:

1. Grip diameter and over all "natural point" of each pistol in your hand. Try each one by raising the (empty) pistol with your eyes closed at a predetermined target. Then, open your eyes. Do it several times from a holster level position. Preferably from a holster. Which one, given your natural grip, hand size, etc., aligns onto the target better?

If you are choosing this gun primarily as a carry weapon and strictly as a tool, this test will sort it out pretty quickly. Truly, guns are like shoes. The worst thing to do is buy a shoe and hope your foot molds to the shoe's shape in time. ;) Keep pulling guns from a holster, until you see which one "drops" into your hand best. It is also possible that neither do. Seriously, the one that passes this test the best, is the one that you will shoot the best at the range and in a panicky gunfight.

Given that both are very fine guns, capable of excellent accuracy, and are durable, all other considerations are secondary for this purpose. For my personal preferences of simplicity and bringing the gun into play quickly, I give a slight edge over to the Glock. No hammer, no decocking lever, or external safety. Just fall back on the good training and discipline you would utilize for a revolver. Right? Crutches are crutches. :)

I've seen too many skilled pistol folk (civilian and LEO's) fidget with those items in a simulated panic situation. Even a real shooting on video. Something to think about.

Good Luck!

------------------
Devil and the deep blue sea behind me,
Vanish in the air you'll never find me...

[This message has been edited by David Wright (edited September 10, 1999).]

Hi, David. Sorry to hear about the problems with Futures. It's a tough game and I'll leave it at that. I have tried both weapons - one buddy has a Glock 21 and another had an HK USP45. Along with a SIG P220, I have a Glock 17L. Anyway, I really liked the G21 but I also really liked the HK USP45. I have a compensated, match-grade barrel on the SIG and the G17L is ported. The thought of a ported G21C just seems like something I'd like. The G17L is pre-ban and I have a few 17 round mags. I really like the SIG but I'd rather have ten (or maybe 13 if I can find some pre-ban G21 mags) instead of only seven rounds. I do believe in the one shot, one kill theory but then again, more seems to be better when it comes to ammo.
I don't have a CCW and the new weapon would be used for target-practice and possibly home-defense. As mentioned before, I'd really like to check-out a CZ-97 but haven't seen one locally.

Thanks for the info,
Rich

Rich, sory for the misunderstanding.

I was voluntarily ABLE to retire, partially due to the commodities market. You just got to keep an eye on things..... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back