Glock 21c ejects brass on my head

HCKJMN

Took my new G21 out today. Although it functioned perfectly, I and two others who shot it experienced brass that would eject straight back and hit you in the head or face. This happened about 10-20% of the time. Is this normal? Will this go away as the gun breaks in?

Thanks

Could be the ammo, or the extractor.

Shoot a spectrum of ammo through it, varied weights and power level.

Check your stance/grip if you are a new shooter.

glocktalk.com is a good place to ask this question, a lot of plastic lovers over there.

Wear a cap, if you shoot with a Iso stance with your head tilted down with both eyes open. Doesn't matter where the brass goes.

Limp wrist. I occas do this w/ my 1911's, couple of brass smacks to the head reminds me to lock that grip out, done correctly, shouldn't be any muzzle rise either. Wish I could do it correctly, oh wait, the imperfection is an excuse for more range time. Woo Hoo, I suck and I'm proud, gimme another case of white box! Once read a gun rag letter to ed. , this poor sap was a lifelong revolver shooter, went and bought a 50AE Desert Eagle. Swore up and down the gun was defective, bloddied his forehead everytime. Wish I could have seen that. Also in addition to glasses and a hat, make sure its a T-shirt or sweater, those collared shirts suck, keep learning the hard way w/ little burn scars on my neck.

Check the extractor...they have been known to chip on the 21s. Your 21 should have the angled bolt face with the newer style extractor. Check with a 4x glass. If not just lock the wrist a bit more and "keep yer head down". Watch for brass down the back of your shirt then.

I used to get hit square between the eyes sometimes. Ball caps and turtle necks...sounds like a country song about a frat party, eh?

My kel-tec P11 does that to my wife when she shoots it. My Beretta 96 ejects casings about 10 feet behind me!

Heres an easy fix...

Just hold the gun sideways like the gangsters do. Ive never seen any of them get hit in the head with brass.Then again ive never seen them hit the target. Ok bad idea :D

hnsbig.jpg

Back