Glock 20 or Glock 21, that is my dilema...

Status
Not open for further replies.

goranco

Inactive
Recently I got my licence for buying a handgun (I'm from Macedonia), my gun will be Glock, but I don't know what caliber to take 10mm Auto or old fashion .45ACP. I know that 10mm Auto is a little beat powerfull than .45ACP, but what is his future, may I buy 10mm Auto ammo ten years from now.
Thanks for your precious time, and your advices.

10mm performs better, according to ballistics theory (higher kinetic energy). However, .45ACP has far better availability, and therefore lower cost.

The old mantra holds true: use what works best for you. If you can, try the 20 and 21, then make your decision.

HTH.

------------------
"America needs additional gun laws like a giraffe needs snow tires."
--Rabbi Mermelstein, JPFO

The 10mm is here to stay. It is something like the 4th most popular reloading caliber, and in the top five in new ammunition sales among pistol calibers in the U.S.A. (I think - it suprised me- there was a thread on this topic just a short time back...). Personally I would get the 20, but it depends on your specific uses. Keep in mind hi-caps are still available for the G20 in 15 rounds (17 or more w/ext), as well as G21 (13 rds std). I have seen people post who have taken quite a bit of game with their G20s - pigs and such. Several people have 10mm web pages, extolling its virtues. Hopefully they will post the links. It's very versatile - prob the most versatile of all handgun cartridges. In your country, I just couldn't tell you as to availability - .45 acp is always a safe bet in remote parts of the globe - don't know how "remote" macedonia is, in terms of population and economy.

Greetings Goranco; Tough choice; as I like
both. The 21 is probably the more popular
caliber; however the 20 is coming on strong.
If is were me, I most likely would go for
the Model 20; as I already own a Sig-Sauer
P220A and a H&K USP in .45ACP.

------------------
Ala Dan

Goranco,

Both are fine guns and both calibres are powerful. However, seeing that you live in Macedonia, I would think that the 45 ACP amunition would be more available for you. The 10mm is a newer round and not quite as popular as the 45.

Whichever one you get, enjoy! I have the G21 and it is my favorite hadgun.

Nazman

I bought a model 21 in 91 and it has been great. Nothing parts have broken and it has functioned flawlessly to this day. Most places have a good supply of ammo. You only lose 3 rounds if you are using the 10 round magazines opposed to losing 5 for the 10mm. Later if you really want a 10mm you can almost duplicate the velocity and power by buying a 400 Cor-Bon barrel for it.

I believe that the 10 may be more popular in Europe, but remember that most countries there, with the possible exception of the Balkans have limited ammo availability, since firearms are restricted for the most part. Also, hi caps are no problem there.

Go to any of the gun shops in your area and survey what they have. If they have more 10, buy it. Ditto for the .45.

Macedonia has many ethnic groups who are at odds with each other (as in the rest of the former Yugoslavia- something you know as a resident), and you may want to consider whose territory and villages you'll have to go through for more ammo if things spill over from Kosovo, or who (ethnic groups) owns the gun stores. Stock up!

I own the 20, but am also going to buy the 21.

[This message has been edited by B Shipley (edited October 03, 1999).]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back