Glock 20 gen 5

Unique

So I picked up a Glock gen 5 model 20 awhile ago. Just called on phone and got them to hold me one and didn’t even look at it at the gun store. Got home and it’s the MOS version and has front and rear serrations. That’s a plus but I guess they all are now. Anyway, not bad for new being $ 505.00
Gonna find a good recipe starting soon.

Last edited:
I had non stop feed issues with 200 grain HC in my 20 gen 4s, despite going back to Glock. Zero issues with the Gen 5, and their changed geometry.

I haven’t even got to shoot it yet because I fractured a bone in my left hand 2 weeks ago and so I’m gonna wait till it’s better so I can enjoy the first time shooting it.
Oh well, hopefully not too much longer

I shoot a lot of handguns one handed, because I like doing it. But having a functional second hand is extremely useful, even when you don't use it firing the gun.

Loading and unloading, very useful. Racking the slide/charging the chamber? nearly a necessity. Some guns allow a fairly easy work around, some don't.

My start in competition was in Bull's-eye pistol in the 1970s. It only allows a one-hand hold. That hold is slower to bring to bear on a target and is terrible in retention exercises, but it has the advantage that if you stand sideways to the target, you have a longer sight radius. So, when you build up the muscles to hold your sight picture well with one hand, and you stop yanking the trigger, you will find you can actually shoot smaller groups with it.

Back