Glock 19 - NOT

Hdonly

Bought a Co2 BB gun to wage war on the darn tree rats trying to chew holes in the soffit of my house. I am surprised how real it looks. Real enough to get a young idiot killed for sure. It is actually licensed by Glock.

Attachments

• 20240826_064433.resized.jpg
    20240826_064433.resized.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 132
  • 20240826_064422.resized.jpg
    20240826_064422.resized.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 99
I am not a fan of these realistic "toys" at all . . . for the very reason cited above.
One of the few places a little constructive legislation might be useful as to appearance.

I wouldn't actually call it a "Toy". It will kill a tree rat. Just not a real firearm. JUst like real guns, a parent has a responsibility to teach their kids about gun safety even with these before they ever let them have one. I do agree that it should have the orange, but these Co2 guns will sling a BB quite hard. Should be treated like a real firearm.

For the purposes of voir dire in any future legal proceedings in which a peace officer rolls
up on a man-with-a gun situation, and a 13-year old holding that gun ends up being shot,
color my my view as prejudicial to whichever side is prosecuting/suing that officer.

... circumstances depending, of course. ;)

My airsoft Glock 18C came with a orange tip on the muzzle end of the barrel.
Its easily removable.

I too, bought it to discourage the tree rats, but its as loud as a .22 pistol.
But man oh man, ripping off fifty pellets in a couple of seconds is pretty darn fun.

Yep, that looks about as real as it gets. I'm not for banning things like this, but I don't think they should be available for anyone under 18.

Since it is a BB gun

Pretty certain that there is nowhere in the USA where under 18 YO can purchase BB or pellet guns over the counter.
The world of "airguns" has gotten much bigger and more powerful with the PCP guns. If you think of airguns as toys? Think again. Youtube allegedly has video of taking down a cape buffalo with an airgun.
Big calibers and huge air pressure, who needs powder and primers? Also note, they are not firearms, check your local regulations but backyard plinking is mostly legal with airguns. Downside is they require a special high pressure compressor as used to fill scuba tanks. 300 bar pressure, given one bar is 14.7 PSI hand pumps are for those that need lots of exercise. It takes 185 pounds of force on the pump handle to make 300 bar. I'm new to this, but understand that practically hand pumps are for pistols only.

I wouldn't actually call it a "Toy". It will kill a tree rat. Just not a real firearm. JUst like real guns, a parent has a responsibility to teach their kids about gun safety even with these before they ever let them have one. I do agree that it should have the orange, but these Co2 guns will sling a BB quite hard. Should be treated like a real firearm.
Depends where you live as to whether it's classified as a "firearm" or not. Here in RI, it IS classified as a firearm and requires the same license to purchase as any other firearm:

"(6) "Firearm" includes any machine gun, pistol, rifle, air rifle, air pistol, "blank gun", "BB gun", or other instrument from which steel or metal projectiles are propelled, or that may readily be converted to expel a projectile, except crossbows, recurve, compound, or longbows, and except instruments propelling projectiles that are designed or normally used for a primary purpose other than as a weapon. The frame or receiver of the weapon shall be construed as a firearm under the provisions of this section."

Frank

Glock serial #s

I have a criminal case. The upper and lower of a Glock were recovered, but no barrel. The client told me it was an airsoft gun. The serial number in the reports says it is "ACWX519" which doesn't seem similar to a modern actual firearm #. What is the serial number typical of Glocks, i.e. how many letters, number and prefixes?

I haven't examined the physical evidence yet. He is charged with possession of a firearm by a felon which is why this is relevant.

As a side note, I have had several clients with felony convictions arrested with these realistic non-firearms. I doubt for innocent purposes.

Follow up

I reviewed the info on "Glock Talk" and it looks like, aside from the "X" the serial number of a Glock 19 given the first three letters and the three numbers.

Incidentally, my state defines a firearm as “a weapon which acts by the force of gunpowder." So, you don't need a 4473 or background check for purchase of a black powder gun, but felons are still prohibited from possession.

Henneman ......What is the serial number typical of Glocks, i.e. how many letters, number and prefixes?
Glock serial numbers had two or three letter/three numbers until they needed more serial numbers. Early Glocks had a "US" suffix.

Current production Glocks will have four letters/ three numbers.
As in "AAAA123"

Back