Glock 19 Magazine Question

I have a Glock 19 (Gen 3 ?) and I'm looking for extra magazines. I see that MidwayUSA had Gen 4 magazines for about $26, so I am wondering if those will work in my current Glock 19?

Last edited:
Yes they will work.

To clarify (hopefully)... If I'm correct, the Gen 4 pistols have a reversible mag release. Therefore, the gen 4 mags have to have notches on both sides to accomodate this reversibility and that's the only difference in Gen 3 vs Gen 4 mags.

Not that I've ever tried to reverse the mag release on a G19, but my understanding is the same as jmhyer's.

Welcome to TFL, VorpalPlating.

Just to clarify for the OP: Your Gen 3 Glock will accept any Glock 19 mag that you find, no matter when it was made. A Gen 4 Glock will also accept any Glock 19 mag unless the user has switched the mag catch for left-handed use, in which case only the Gen 4 mags will work.

Glock has been selling only the Gen 4 mags for several years now, even with their Gen 3 guns.

Oh, and welcome to TFL!

"Magpul is coming out with glock mags for $10- some time this summer." really? Do you have any reference for this, I havent heard anything about this but would like to read up on it.

"Magpul is coming out with glock mags for $10- some time this summer." really? Do you have any reference for this, I havent heard anything about this but would like to read up on it.

Magpul showed their G17 mag at SHOT this past month. No firm date on when they will show up for sale anywhere, but they ARE coming. They looked good. Time will tell, but ive yet to see a magpul product flop. Some of their stuff i dont personally like but thats not due to lack of quality...just lack of interest. The BAD lever fits into that catagory :confused:

I saw those magpull glock magazines. I am holding out to buy more mags for my 19 until I get a chance to grab one of the magpull ones.

Back