Glock 19 For CCW

N2GUNZ

I have just recently finished taking a CCW class and am searching for a CCW gun. I have already purchased a Kel-Tek P32 that I will carry during the summer months. That is perfect when I am wearing jeans and a tee.

During the fall and winter I would like to carry a little larger gun. This gun will serve two purposes.
1. A CCW weapon in cooler months. - Possibly a CCW year round when I am wearing a suit.
2. My travel weapon when I am on the road. - I am a licensed Captain and I spend my weekends at the coast chartering my boat. I will also carry this on the boat when I am out to sea.

How easy is the 19 to conceal? Will it be noticeable in a shoulder holster under a suit jacket? What are the pros and cons of carrying a gun of that size?

I would love to hear some feedback from anybody who has carried or tried to carry a 19 as a CCW.

I carry my G19 year round in a DeSantis #19 Mini-Scabbard. It conceals very well for me under an untucked button-up shirts or polo style shirts that are slightly over sized.

Of course, carry will wearing a vest or jacket is a given.

If i can conceal it, you can.

I'm just over 5' tall. At the moment, I'm carrying my 19 in a high ride mad dog gun glove belt slide holster with thumb break.

:)

As others have said, the G-19 is among the most desirable
firearms for CCW purposes.:) If you are new to handguns,
and in particular semi-auto's; may I suggest that you stay
within the parameter's of the 9m/m caliber.:) Recoil from
say a G-23 .40S&W caliber would be very undesirable; unless
you are not recoil sensitive.:( In other words, the .40S&W
is a "snappy" round; even for experienced shooters.:D As far
as leather, I carry a .40S&W caliber G-27 (sub-compact) in
a Galco belt-slide, thumb break holster. This whole rig (gun & holster) are very minimal in size; and offer excellent
concelament capeabilities; as well as protection for the firearm.:) It also covers the trigger guard, something that
is imperative for Glock owner's.:eek::rolleyes:

Best Wishes,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

The G19 is an excellent choice; caliber is a personal thing based on handling and application.

I do not have any problem concraling my 19. I carry it in a Predator Kydex IWB holster. It even works under a t-shirt, provided the it is big enough. I usually wear my CCW shirts 2 sizes bigger.

I've never shot a G19, so take this for what it is worth. If you can shoot it accurately, it should be a great carry piece.

In order to carry a full sized handgun concealed, most people do not need to wear a suit jacket in order to keep it hidden. You may only need an overgarment that extends below your beltline. I often wear my full-size gun in an inside the waistband (IWB) holster. I wear a t-shirt underneath, and often an untucked short sleeve shirt that covers my weapon. Nobody notices. As I type this, I simply have a sweatshirt that covers my beltline and IWB holster. It doesn't take much to keep it hidden.

I actually conceal my Glock 21 effectively, but my next handgun purchase will be a 19. Nice size, comfortably and easily concealed. Accurate as heck as well.

Works in Florida

G19/23/32 works just great in hot humid areas, so I imagine it would work great in Florida.

The G19 rocks, but the G23 rocks just a little better. Give it a look over.

I carry a G19 year round. Usually I use the Glock belt slide with a large tee-shirt or Hawaiian shirt in the Summer or a sweater or sweatshirt in the Winter. Sometimes I use a fanny pack.
The G19 is hard to beat, and will excel in a marine environment.

N2GUNZ,

Concealed carry is not as easy as it looks. Most people end up trying a couple/few different guns and carry methods before they find out which is best for them. Once you've been carrying for a while, expect to have a small drawer of different holsters that you've tried (at least).You'll also prob have to slightly change your mode of dress to conceal your gun.

A couple of ideas:
1) Buy a good gun belt.
2) Buy a good holster.
Cheap is actually more expensive!
BTW, carry in a shoulder holster is not very common. Most people end up carrying IWB or OWB.

FWIW, I bought a G19 for CCW and it just didn't work FOR ME. I ended up getting a G26 and it works very well FOR ME. What's going to work well FOR YOU? Only you can answer that question, and it's going to be trial and error.

The Glock 19 is an outstanding choice for a CCW weapon. I carry mine off duty in a belt slide holster under a light jacket. What ever you do, always carry a fully loaded Glock in a holster that fully covers the trigger guard. If the trigger is pulled it's gonna go bang.

7th

If the idea of not having a safety is a concern, consider a SAF-T-BLOK. It fits behind the trigger and prevents it from being fired. It can be removed by pressing it out with the trigger finger. It costs $19.95.
If you are not bothered by the lack of a safety, disregard the above message.

Back