Glock-19 aftermarket barrel.

CORBON

Inactive
I'd like to put an aftermarket barrel in my Glock-19 for IDPA shoots.
I'd like to get some advice on who makes the best 9mm barrels for the Glock-19? Thanks

Corbon, Briley, Wilson and Barsto make barrels for the Glocks. The Briley and Barsto run around $185 and the Wilson around $150. I would not know which was the best but in dealing with these companies I can recommend all three. George

What is wrong with the stock barrel? I have never had or seen a Glock that was not accurate enough for IDPA. I do see a lot of complaints about tight chambers in the "match barrels". Read one today on another site where the proud owner of a new "match barrel" has to clean it during the match so it will feed. What is wrong with this picture. You might be better served to spend your money on more practice ammo. You cannot "gadget" yourself to improved shooting skills. If you shoot Bullseye matches then a match grade barrel in a 1911 is money well spent. In IDPA there are no alibies.

Corbon, Federal is the best buy, but Bar-Sto is the best barrel. And yes, there is a very good reason to go aftermarket for IDPA, and that is to SHOOT LEAD BULLETS! So, if you only want to shoot better, practice more, if you want to shoot more accurately, practice more, if you want to shoot lead, get an aftermarket barrel.

Good point 9X45. I don't shoot lead in 9 mm but one certainly could. I was probably a little strong in my comments, but I just hate to see people try to "gadget" their way into shooting better. Practice and more practice is the answer for improved shooting skills, not match barrels, tungsten guide rods,extended everything,elasto-pneumatic guide rods and laser sights.

Thanks guys,I think I'll go and spend that barrel money on ammo!!I love to shoot anyway and it makes sence.

Back