Glock 19 aftermarket barrel test

Tom B

I have owned this G19 for about 6 months and several months ago I had a Jarvis barrel fitted. Accuracy improved a little but I wasn't very impressed. I ordered a Bar Sto drop in and it fit well. I went to the range this morning to try it and was very suprised. Much improvement in accuracy and reliability was 100% with Ga Arms 124gr FMJ and JHP+P.Accuracy is now about 2in at 25 yards.Bottom line - For sale 1 Jarvis fitted barrel for Glock 19!

I have a 5.5" Bar-Sto "semi-drop-in" barrel for a G29 in 10mm (gives it an "uzi-ish" look), which I had Mag-na-ported, and I find it far more accurate than me. Very impressed with accuracy and reliability - extremely tight, but no smithing was required.

hey tom,futo :
I have a G19C,and I ordered a barsto 6" barrel drop free. Did I make the right choice going with the 6" instead of the 5.5".
Also should I have ordered it semi-drop free and have barsto custom fit it. Is it worth the extra $89 and extra one month wait ! I am aware that barsto claims a 1.50 group accuracy with custom fitted barrels. Thanks.
Also should i port the barrel in front of the slide or at the ported slide.

chaho - I ordered my Bar Sto from Dillons and it was in stock. Took less than a week to arrive. A hand fitted barrel if done properly should be more accurate than a drop in. This wasn't the case with the Jarvis however. If you are going to keep your stock barrel why not leave the Bar Sto unported. I always order my replacement barrels in stock lengths but that is only personal preference.

Back