Glock 18 too fast?

whopper

Inactive
Hello this is my first post here! Anyways, I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to full auto firearms. but from what Ive read, the glock 18 would empty a 33 round magazine in less than two seconds... Isn't this a little too fast to be used effectively to defend yourself against multiple opponents? That would mean that you must let go of the trigger many times while emtying the magazine to make the time to empty it longer, and that sort of defeats one capability of the full auto which is to "spray." Is this correct? And how does this compare to other submachine guns such as the uzi or the ingram? Thanks. :D

Longs bursts generally aren't a good idea; the idea of automatic fire is that you get multiple rounds on targets one at a time, not that you rake the opposition in bullets. Unless you're using a full-blown machine gun.

A quick six-shot burp into a person at more or less normal semiautomatic single-shot speeds isn't something to sneeze at.

The first and only time I did one, took me 3 mags to get the control enough for 3-5 shot bursts.

The crappy Glock trigger doesnt help.

I prefer the cyclical rate of a Sten or a Sterling myself

WildbutheydifferentneedsAlaska

The M11/9 has a cyclic rate of 1200 rounds per minute. That comes to about 1.5 seconds for a 32 round magazine.

"The M11/9 has a cyclic rate of 1200 rounds per minute. That comes to about 1.5 seconds for a 32 round magazine."

Interestingly the Glock, depending on caliber and model is about the same.

Back