Glock 17 Sights

SmellyShooter

I just bought a used Glock 17 and didn't even notice till I got home and saw it on my night stand in my dark bedroom that it has night sights which was a nice surprise. Upon further inspection in the light, I discovered that the rear sight had been jacked all the way to the right of the slide. Should I assume that whoever had it before me didn't know how to shoot and adjusted the sights to counter his poor shooting technique? I haven't gotten the chance to shoot it so I don't know if maybe the point of aim is funky or what.

I would test fire it first to check it

some of the new Glocks have rear sights already like that, they could have adjusted it at the factory.

A word of caution.

If the sights do need adj, dont bang on em with a punch to drift em in the notch. Night sights have vials in them that contain the Tritium. If you break a vial the gas will escape and it wont glow anymore.

Use a sight pusher.

https://www.glockstore.com/Sight-Master-Sight-Pusher-Tool

It sounds like your rear sight “might” be pushed too far right and I hope your sight or the dovetail isn’t damaged as a result, it wouldn’t be the first time this happened. The one good thing about the base Glock plastic sight is they break and there is less chance of damage to the dovetail if some ham-hander tries to push it too far over.

Sixty Bucks for a decent sight pusher like this is a relatively small price to pay compared to the potential damage you could inflict to your gun if you try to adjust your sights without such a tool.

Back