Glock 17 and Fiocchi Ammo - Problems

Aerodog

I went to the range the other day and shot a couple hundred rounds of 9mm Fiocchi ammo. The P7M8 and SIG 226 had no problems with the ammo but my Glock 17 misfired several times and stovepiped several times. Last time I used Federal ammo in the Glock 17 and it didn't have any problems.

Question:

Has anyone else had problems with Glocks and Fiocchi ammo?

I don't know about the 9 but I have a friend with a new Kimber CDP compact that was consistenly having problems with 45 Fiocchi. Then again, we've heard that jams like that were to be expected out of the first hundred rounds fired.

Sorry can't help you further. I heard Fiocchi was really good, too. For the money, I mean.

I won't use Fiocchi in my 9mm Glocks because about a year ago I ran into a specific lot of Fiocchi ball that had very hard primers that required multiple srikes to ignite. I never tried these with a more conventional gun like my CZ or HiPower so I dont't know if this was a striker ignition vrs hammer ignition problem. But since I figured out that it was a lot specific problem I have my doubts about Fiocchi quality control.

Back