Giving Kydex a try

cw308

Ordered a Vedder LightTuck holster for my 3" 1911 . It's a very nice holster but I had to send it back ,they cut it too low in the front , l told them before ordering , the pistol has CT laser grips . They made a note on the order . It came 1" lower then the laser . I could only have the clip set up to the lowest position. , The holster would be lower then the clip if I wanted the holster deeper . I told them to cut the holster where at the deepest position the clip was even with the kydex an I will modify for the laser if need be .Other then that it is a nice holster. Once they receive my return they'll ship the other holster. Didn't want a refund. Nice company to deal with . Anyone out there have a Vedder holster and how do you like it.

Chris

Last edited:
I have considered getting one, I have heard good things. I get a lot of targeted ads for them on Facebook, wonder why? lol.

Kydex, in general, is awesome. I love a good leather holster, feel great, looks great. But kydex is awesome for retention, protecting the gun, covering the trigger, and WAY safer to reholster (IMO).

rpseraph
I appendix carry , the kydex is thinner and stronger then most holsters . When carrying IWB you don't care what it looks like , only easy out easy in with a low profile . The Vedder holster covered all the bases , they just cut it too low . Spoke to them today , they are going to send me a e mail when they redo the holster . Thanks for answering my post.

Chris

I have a Vedder light tuck for my Kimber Ultra Covert. 45acp. No claw on it. I got mine this past January. It is awesome! I wear it twelve hours a day, appendix carry at about two o'clock position. I wear dress type pants with a 1.5 inch wide gun belt, that is very stiff. I have to tuck in my shirt over the top of the pistol, at work. I blouse the shirt a little to prevent printing. Works well with a single stack pistols. Not very good with double stacked pistols, the way I carry. For me anyway.

Oldjarhead
I carry a Colt New Agent 45ACP your frame is similar to mine , with the clip set on the lowest position on the holster the clip was 1 1/2" above the holster . Wanted Vedder to have the holster be alittle higher the the clip . Waiting to see if they will correct . I really liked the holster except for that. I also carry appendix IWB Milt Sparks Summer Special 2 . Out side strong side 4 o'clock position with R Grizzle cowboy model .

Vedder is sending me out another holster , great company . Will let you know how it is when it arrives.

Chris

Back