Ginex primers?

Prof Young

Response to previous post suggests that some of you are getting Ginex primers. So are you ordering right from the company in Bosnia or finding them here in the states or ?????

Life is good.
Prof Young

They are being offered by several US based providers. Just about every size available. Rifle, pistol, large, small. Between .10 and .12 each in cases of 5,000.

I bought a case, nickel cups. They go bang just fine but my Dillon had a little problem with getting them fully seated. No big deal, fixed with my Lee hand primer. I ordered another case today, brass cups. Will see if there is a difference. Either one, I'm happy to have them.

I bought a case, nickel cups. They go bang just fine but my Dillon had a little problem with getting them fully seated. No big deal, fixed with my Lee hand primer. I ordered another case today, brass cups. Will see if there is a difference. Either one, I'm happy to have them.
What is the difference in the brass and nickel cups? Thinking about ordering and wondering if there is a difference.

I bought about 10,000 of genix LRPs around the start of the pandemic when they were the last ones available. For the most part they work fine, but I believe they are made to military standards, I've had issues with them firing on a couple of rifles with lighter firing pin strikes that other LRP's have no issues with.

Winchester removed nickel plating from rifle primers in response to complaints their primers weren't sensitive enough. Apparently, it adds surface hardening. On the other hand, military primers aren't nickel-plated, so it isn't essential for primer hardness. I suppose it might be a way to get more hardness out of a thinner brass cup than the military uses, but I am just speculating. I don't really know.

Back