Gilmore/Leopold Red Dot scope

ROCK-n-GLOCK

Was curious if anyone has used one and how much do you like it. COnsidering getting one for my Raging Bull. I found it for 159.00 at CDNN, looks to be a good price...Any feedback would be appreciated.

I'm not sure which model you are looking at, but I paid $127 + tax to my local dealer a couple of months ago, for an LG-1.

Very nice unit!!

Good Luck...

Joe

Here I go (breaking my own rule about not answering the original question):

Have you looked at Ultradot. Comes with a lifetime warranty, 48-hour service turnaround, and free shipping for $115. Also comes with an extension tube and polarizer filter that's removable. Larry will also put in the set of rings that you need for your pistol (weaver, 3/8"). Great service, great scope.

http://www.ultradotusa.com/
http://www.larrysguns.com

I have the LG-35 on a RUger PC-9. I think it is a great sight. Happy to see that you are looking at a quality product. I have said this so many times that I should have it programed as a macro, but you CAN't buy quality optical products for nothing. It just can't be done. Cheap guns sometimes turn out OK, cheap scopes, never. I own a Hi-Point 9mm Carbine. If I was going to scope it, I would buy a Leupold. That may not make sense to some people that haven't been burned. A couple episodes where you buy two or three cheap, no name scopes that don't work and you will figure out that you could have just bought a good one to begin with.

30mm Ultradot

Be advised that Leupold doesn't stand behind their dot sights like they do their scopes. IIRC the Gilmores only have a 3 year warranty (or maybe it's 2). Ultradots have a lifetime warranty and Milletts a 5 year.

For a hard kicking pistol like a Raging Bull I'd strongly recommend a Ultradot. Ultradots are highly regarded by competition shooters because of their durablilty. My big bore pistols have eaten a number of electronic sights but my 30mm Ultradot is still going strong. -- Kernel

I got that deal on the lg-35 at cdnn from the last issue of 'gun list.' I didnt mt it yet, but played with it extensively and for the price, you cant beat it. Its normally a $350 or so scope. Ive got some budget red dots i use and love, but nothing as nice as the lg35.
Heck, it was such a good deal i bought it without even having an application in mind yet. =)

Back