Ghost ring sight for M1A?

Adam

My eyes aren't so good anymore. I find it hard to focus through the rear aperture on an M1A rear sight. I was wondering if anyone offers a ghost ring rear sight for the M1A? Does anyone offer an open rear sight? After shooting an AR-15A2 I just can't get used to the standand M1A sights; it seems like they obscure too much of the field. Thanks.

Rather than replace the entire sight unit, I suggest you open the existing one with a drill. It would have the same effect.

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Thanks for the advice. I'll try opening it up with a drill first. I like the AR-15 sights and am accurate with them; also, they allow you to see what's going on down field. The M1A sights obscure the field of view, in my opinion. I wonder if any other M1A shooters feel the same way as me. Aside from this, however, I really prefer the M1A as a battle rifle. Thanks again.

Well, I went ahead and opened it up, using a 5/64 size drill bit. This basically created an aperture that measures about .0781 (as opposed to the regular .0595 or NM .0520). After looking through the sight picture, I really like it. I can't wait to try it!

Glad it works out for you Adam. As the proof is in the pudding, do please share with us your next range experience.

Oh youth, how fleeting thou is! But c'mon retirement pony! :)

------------------
Vigilantibus et non dormientibus jura subveniunt

Back