Ghost Ring for Glock 17

Tango27

Hello all, I'm new to the forum, and eager to be adding my commentary (useless though it may be) for your entertainment.

On with the show: I'm considering replacing the fixed sights on my Glock 17 with an adjustable ghost ring/fiber-optic setup. Does anyone have any practical experience with such sights, and comments/suggestions/recommendations for me?

Thanks!

Tango

The ghost-ring set-up is better for home defense in my opinion, and the some "fiber-optic" set-ups can be pretty breakable... keep that in mind when you make your decision.

Enjoy, and WELCOME to TFL,
Ben

------------------
AOL IM: BenK911
ICQ # 53788523
"Gun Control Is Being Able To Hit Your Target"

I have ghost ring rear-tritium front on my G20. I've found that the ring is fast to acquire, but accuracy isn't very good. Also, it becomes invisible in darkness, making lineup tough.. that little green front dot could be pointing anywhere.

I'm going to order a tritium 2-dot rear sight and put the ghost ring in the parts box.

------------------
"The evils of tyranny are rarely seen but by him who resists it."
-- John Hay, 1872

No experience with ghostring rear sight. I have used the HIVIZ fiber optic front sight. This sight is ideal for target/competive shooting, not for self defense. As noted above these sights are quite fragile.

I would suggest you take a look at the Ashley Express sights http://www.ashleyoutdoors.com - I have the big dot tritium sight set on my Glock 19. These sights are very fast to aquire and are ideal for defensive purposes. The big dot is not well suited for the best accuracy past about 15yds or so.

Back