GF's Father wants a .357 Carbine... where/what/how much?

Title pretty much says it all. My GF's father wants a .357 lever action for Y2K and I'm totally unfamiliar with them.

Anyone know where I can get one, and what brand/model's to look out for?

Thanks in advance.

Spark

------------------
Kevin Jon Schlossberg
SysOp and Administrator for BladeForums.com
www.bladeforums.com

I'm a big fan of the Winchester 94 Trapper. 6 1/2 lbs, 16 inch barrel, short, light and easy handling. Mine is in .45 Colt but, it is offered in .357 mag as well as .44 mag and 30-30.

I prefer the Marlin. There is also the Rossi. It can probably be found for the least but many also consider it the least desireable of the three. A good used example of any of those mentioned can be found for under $300. You might try looking in www.krause.com for the Gun List ads. There's an ad in the current issue from a dealer showing NIB Rossi .357 for $245. Don't know 'em but they can be reached at (941) 731-5230.

------------------
Gunslinger

We live in a time in which attitudes and deeds once respected as courageous and honorable are now scorned as being antiquated and subversive.

Spark,this is going to be a hands on type of thing. I bought the Winchester Trapper in .44 Mag. It would have been .357, but they were out of them at Christmas time. I liked the sights better on the Trapper than the Marlin, but the Marlin is IMHO, every bit the equal of the Winchester. In some areas, the Marlin is a tad better. In some areas the Winchester is a tad better. I looked at the Rossis' and,,,,,did I mention the Marlin and Winchester are about even up??? If looks aren't important, as in it has to look like the gun that won the west, Ruger also makes a carbine in .44 mag that is dump truck tough like all Rugers.

------------------
(!)

Back