Getting schooled.

StinkyTool

Anyone ever ever taken a tactical training class similar to what they hold at Valhalla Training Center and the like? It looks like a blast, but pricey. Just curious to see if anyone had any opinions or experiences.

I'm not familiar with Valhalla. I took a course with John Farnam and while some would call it expensive I learned a huge amount and thought it was worth every penny.With proper training you're much less likely to get into a shootout and if you do, much more likely to survive both the shootout and the aftermath.

I've thought about trying to attend a couple of advanced classes myself, the only stumbling stone being the cash flow and the ability to get there (there are no real training areas around here with the exception of one in Brownsville (that I can't attend) and Thunder Ranch in Southern Oregon).

I would think that the $$ paid out would be well worth it and maybe one day I will get to Thunder Ranch or something like it.

Wayne

Is there a database of these Classes/Schools that anyone knows of? I searched on Google and I came up with nothing in my area aside from the LE Training Facilities, unless I suck at the internet. :) I found a couple out-of-state training facilities but that obviously doesn't do me any good.

Stinky,

On almost any basis, our regular open enrollemnt courses (mostly spring & fall) are comparably priced with other training centers and instructors.
Let me know what you are interested in specifically.

-Rob

Speaking as someone who put off getting training for a long time, for a variety of reasons, before finally getting the ball rolling......
Just get some.

Find a school or trainer that has a good reputation (or at least not a bad one) and go. Forget the next new gun, and use the money for training. Start a "training fund" and put $50 per month in a jar. Whatever method you use to get there, just go.

You will learn something. If you don't, it's only because you didn't want to.

Just don't put it off like I did.

On almost any basis, our regular open enrollemnt courses (mostly spring & fall) are comparably priced with other training centers and instructors.

I didn't want to make it sound like I was saying you guys were pricey. I was just referring to your training center just to give an example of what I was talking about. I apologize for the confusion. I would love to have training at Valhalla, from the videos it looks like it would be too much fun and a great learning experience, the only problem is...I live in Florida. :mad:

Gotcha..

Look into Adler & Associates. Mr. Adler is a good guy who does some training in northern Florida, it may be the kind of thing you are looking for at the right price.

Back