Getting my first gun built!

Jevyod

Well, just got back from town. I shipped my German 98 Mauser to Malcom Ballistics in Arkansas to build me a 358 Winchester off the action!( it was already sporterized/bubba'ed by some previous guy) I am looking forward to seeing how it turns out. The thing is, it will probably be in the neighborhood of 6 months till it is done. Oh well, guess I gotta learn patience somehow! Here is the list I sent to Tim letting him know what I have in mind. What do you think? I know I could have done it cheaper by getting a gun re-bored, but I wanted a semi-custom gun for me!!

Barrel: Lothar Walther 22-24" ( I amfine with 24 as long as it balances well)

Stock: Richards Microfit, Monte Carlo style, Grade AAA Claro Walnut.I wouldlike 4 panels of fancy checkering. The length of pull should be 13.25 inches. Iwould like a good recoil pad on this as well. I am also assuming there will be sling studs.

Trigger: Already has Timney installed. Set at2.5 lbs.

Misc. I would like the bolt jeweled.Also, some kind of engraving on the floor plate.

Put existingscope back on the gun. Feel free to use other mounts/ rings.

If you thinkof anything else that would make the gun more aesthetically pleasing withoutbreaking the bank, I am very much open to suggestions! I look at this asalthough the gun is mine, you are the artist here. And as the artist, I am sureyou will probably see things a from a different angle. So feel free to communicate your ideas/ thoughts as we go along. Am very much looking forwardto see this piece finished!

hopefully it is going to be reblued when done so that all parts will be matching instead of hodgepodge of assemble parts?

Back