Getting Kmart to dump Rosie...

Rob Pincus

I got this in the Email this monring from the PR director for a rather large handgun company:

Hey guys...

There is a growing national effort to pressure K-Mart to drop sponsorship of
Rosie O'Donnell for her anti-gun remarks. Contact (e-mail) K-Mart to blast
them and Rosie.

kmartccn@kmart.com

I sent them a little note this morning.

------------------
-Essayons

I already sent a letter via snail mail last week. The more the merrier. Let's see if K Mart is more interested in sales or celeberaties.

K-Marts reply to me...

Kmart advocates the safe, responsible sale and ownership of sporting firearms. That is why we have extensive policies and procedures in place to ensure that all FBI and ATF procedures are followed by our sporting goods personnel in all firearms sales. We also participate in gun safety programs in many communities.
Kmart also supports the right of free speech and stands by Rosie O'Donnell's freedom to express her personal opinions about gun ownership.

Jenny
Customer Service

So, you see. K-Mart still doesn't get it. Keep sending the letters, emails, and keep calling them.

An alternate email addy...

kmartccn@kmart.com (send to both of them)

If you would like to call...

(800) 643-6256 (hours are 8 to 8)

Other contact info again...

Kmart Corp.
NYSE : KM

Address:
3100 West Big Beaver Road
Troy, MI 48084

Phone:
(248) 643-1000
Fax:
(248) 643-5249
Sector:
Services
Industry:
Retail (Department & Discount)
Employees:

Officers:
Floyd Hall, Chmn./Pres./CEO
Anthony N. Palizzi,
Exec. VP/Counsel
Donald E. Norman, Sr. VP/CIO
Martin Welch III,
Sr. VP/CFO/CAO
Nancie W. LaDuke, VP/Secy.

Joe

<A HREF="http://www.netbabbler.com/goto/index.php3?forumid=12204">
Joe's Second Amendment Message Board</A>

[This message has been edited by nralife (edited May 04, 1999).]

I have sent my personal letter. Send one today, we need to get K-Mart to dump Rosie.
May 5 1999

Mr. Floyd Hall
K-Mart Corporation
International Headquarters
3100 West Big Beaver
Troy, Michigan 48084

Dear Public Relations Department,

I am a Viet Nam veteran, a father, a grandfather, a taxpayer, law-abiding citizen and one who loves this country and the constitution. Finally, I and my family are gun owners and hunters and I understand that your employee and spokesperson, Ms. Rosie O'Donnell, has allegedly made some very unfortunate statements about hunters and persons who own firearms. If this is so, your company is to be boycotted by myself, my family, and anyone else that I can encourage to do likewise. I have been a good and valued customer by your company for over 25 years.

Please tell me that you believe I should go to prison because I exercise my second amendment rights. Please tell me that you intend on continuing the employment of Ms. O'Donnell. If your answer is yes to either of the statements, then goodbye K-Mart. Furthermore, if any of this is true, your company is being very hypocritical by advertising and promoting hunting!

Please write to me and let me know your true consumer intentions, as I will not set foot in K-Mart until I know.

Thank You,
Daniel Rife
San Luis Obispo, CA 93405

This was the response I got from Kmart:

"Kmart advocates the safe, responsible sale and ownership of sporting
firearms. That is why we have extensive policies and procedures in place to
ensure that all FBI and ATF procedures are followed by our sporting goods
personnel in all firearms sales. We also participate in gun safety programs
in many communities.

Kmart also supports the right of free speech and stands by Rosie O'Donnell's
freedom to express her personal opinions about gun ownership."

In other words: "Buzz off."